Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Vendor Interface Bug/Issue- when pets hatch

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello One-Eyed Jack, Bonnie, Decius and Ratbeard.

Not exactly sure who to direct this to or if it is even a bug-- perhaps more of a programming or set up issue. After morphing or receiving an egg from companion tasks (or possibly Crown shop as well), I have noticed that upon hatching, a problem can occur during vendor transactions and even pet training/feeding time.

The other night I had just finished hatching a few times and went to the Circus Maximus Egg Vendor to sell off some extra gear and such, while I waited out the morphing timer. I had a lot of parent pets from unsuccessful hybrid attempts and wanted to recover some of the gold, since most of my 6 houses are now Piratical Pet Paradises.

I was attempting to sell a couple of hatchlings on the last couple pages (I usually stuff about 5 or 6 pages of pets in my pack-- don't tell PETA) so that I could get some decent gold for and was ready to hit sell. A split second before I hit the SELL button, one of the eggs hatched and the inventory jumped to a different page at almost the exact same time I pressed sell. Needless to say, I unintentionally sold a pet that was meant for keeping and training. I think one of my higher pedigree Not so Geat White Sharks took an unintended swim in the toilet bowl.....talk about a downward Spiral!

The jump to earlier page happens every time an egg hatches and can result in unwanted and accidental pet sales (and possibly other gear as well). It also happens when training pets- anytime a egg hatches it goes back to a previous page. It appears to happen if selling from a gear page as well but will have to test it out.

Is there any way this can be addressed in order to prevent unintentional and accidental selling of desirable items meant for retaining?

Thank you in advance for any reply and/or comments. I can try to provide additional info or test out further if needed.

Thanks again!

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
Poor sharky

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Admiral
May 30, 2010
Oh, ow, Valkoor! I'm so sorry you lost one of your better pets this way. It's a pity we can't somehow 'lock' down pets and gear we don't want to sell.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
That's ok, he went down for a noble cause, sparing a young hatchling in the process. I have several other NSGWS all around the same pedigree with very similar skill sets, so I'll soon recover. He was a good lad though, very faithful.....yet just a bit smelly!

Lieutenant
Sep 19, 2011
I have also notice this Page Jump Issue. Although I seem to notice it more often when training pets. I train at night mostly so in the morning I can go feed and set to new tasks. This means I am clicking between several pets in a short time and often I will go to click on one and the page jumps I'm asked do you want to finish early, so after saying no I go back to the page I wanted.
This also happens when training crew members I move the mouse to the next companion and suddenly I'm on the next page.
I first thought since I have just a Tso Tso computer it wasn't processing as fast as I was moving however if others are experiencing this page jump it does seem to me to be a programming issue. Of course programming might not be the right word what I know about computers wouldn't be enough to fill a bottle of yum

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Sep 15, 2014 wrote:
Oh, ow, Valkoor! I'm so sorry you lost one of your better pets this way. It's a pity we can't somehow 'lock' down pets and gear we don't want to sell.
I agree Fiorenza! It would be nice to be able to 'put a leash on our pets' and a 'lock on our goods'. It could have been avoided by me, because when you sell a pet you have to hit Yar, but I was in rapid pet selling mode as I had about a dozen or more 'extra', unsuccessful morph/hybrid attempts to sell that were all on the last page-- I was just clicking and pressing Enter, clicking and pressing Enter......

But upon an egg hatching and notification, the interface jumped my page towards the front and I clicked and hit Enter pretty much simultaneously and sharky went bye-bye. But you are so right because if it happens on items and gear that doesn't prompt you to select Yar or Nar, then your items are going to be easily and unintentionally dumped, due to the egg hatching notification that pops up and the page jump.

So maybe, KI can do something at least to were the screen doesn't reset or jump when a egg hatches, while in the middle of transactions with a vendor. And possibly also make it so we can lock desirable, meant-to-be-kept items. Especially because I do a bit of playing on a lap top and it is very sensitive and moody sometimes. Often the pointer 'sticks' and when I go to sell and left click, it will 'unstick' or jump and select a item that I absolutely don't want to sell. Or just by accidental pressure around the mouse pad, it will hit select as well. That's how I accidently sold one of my General Tso's Helms. Luckily KI was kind enough to replace it, but if items were able to be locked, then we wouldn't have any 'fear' of this sort of thing happening.

I figured I would at least bring up the subject/issue and see what happens.

Captain
Jul 16, 2014
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Sep 15, 2014 wrote:
Hello One-Eyed Jack, Bonnie, Decius and Ratbeard.

Not exactly sure who to direct this to or if it is even a bug-- perhaps more of a programming or set up issue. After morphing or receiving an egg from companion tasks (or possibly Crown shop as well), I have noticed that upon hatching, a problem can occur during vendor transactions and even pet training/feeding time.

The other night I had just finished hatching a few times and went to the Circus Maximus Egg Vendor to sell off some extra gear and such, while I waited out the morphing timer. I had a lot of parent pets from unsuccessful hybrid attempts and wanted to recover some of the gold, since most of my 6 houses are now Piratical Pet Paradises.

I was attempting to sell a couple of hatchlings on the last couple pages (I usually stuff about 5 or 6 pages of pets in my pack-- don't tell PETA) so that I could get some decent gold for and was ready to hit sell. A split second before I hit the SELL button, one of the eggs hatched and the inventory jumped to a different page at almost the exact same time I pressed sell. Needless to say, I unintentionally sold a pet that was meant for keeping and training. I think one of my higher pedigree Not so Geat White Sharks took an unintended swim in the toilet bowl.....talk about a downward Spiral!

The jump to earlier page happens every time an egg hatches and can result in unwanted and accidental pet sales (and possibly other gear as well). It also happens when training pets- anytime a egg hatches it goes back to a previous page. It appears to happen if selling from a gear page as well but will have to test it out.

Is there any way this can be addressed in order to prevent unintentional and accidental selling of desirable items meant for retaining?

Thank you in advance for any reply and/or comments. I can try to provide additional info or test out further if needed.

Thanks again!
Ahoy Valkoor,

You can send an email to support@pirate101.com to request the recovery of your mistakenly sold pet. They should be able to assist you.

*Bonnie Anne, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Bonnie Anne on Sep 16, 2014 wrote:
Ahoy Valkoor,

You can send an email to support@pirate101.com to request the recovery of your mistakenly sold pet. They should be able to assist you.
Thank you for the reply Bonnie!

I am actually not too worried about the pet itself, since I have many NSGWS of the same mold as the one that took a swim.

My concerns and/or issue is more over how the egg hatching and notifications cause the vendor and pet training interfaces to jump to a different page. I was just wondering if this is something KI and the developers were aware happened and if it was something that could possibly be looked into. Just to further prevent any other players from accidental selling, due to the hatching/notification interface page jump.

Thanks again for the response.