Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unstichable Weapons

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
I have recently tried to stitch a Crowns weapon (a low level Shooty/Slashy with a card) to another non crowns weapon (a high level Shooty/Slashy with no card). I was trying to get the look of the Crowns weapon on the better stats weapon, but was unable to. Is it because of the card, or are Crowns weapons now bugged so you can't stitch them anymore?

Developer
Give me the names of the two weapons, and I will either explain why they won't stitch or fix the issue.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
Ratbeard on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
Give me the names of the two weapons, and I will either explain why they won't stitch or fix the issue.
The weapon look I am trying to use is from the Salamander Set (crown shop Shooty/Slashy with orange glow)

I am trying to stitch it to either the Leonine Set (Shooty/Slashy) or to the Azteca Set (Tribal Crew pack Shooty/Slashy). Neither will work.

Developer
HugsLadyBugs on Jun 11, 2014 wrote:
The weapon look I am trying to use is from the Salamander Set (crown shop Shooty/Slashy with orange glow)

I am trying to stitch it to either the Leonine Set (Shooty/Slashy) or to the Azteca Set (Tribal Crew pack Shooty/Slashy). Neither will work.
I apologize for the late reply. It seems my "Updated Topics" button isn't working at 100%.

The Salamander Set comes with a power card (I believe it's Blunderbuss Shot) and the two other weapons you listed don't provide that power card.

Generally speaking, we won't let you stitch a weapon with a power card to a weapon that doesn't have the same power card. Unlike most other kinds of gear, weapons have very specialized animation, sound, and visual FX settings, especially when we want to provide a cool bonus power on the weapon. In these cases, stitching can create some undesirable results.

Probably the best example of this would be taking a Polaris Frostlock (a rifle, with a bayonet, and the special bayonet attack power) and stitching it to, for example, a Horde Crossbow. Both weapons use the same "base" animation set (the musket set) but the Polaris rifle has some custom animations that the Crossbow doesn't have.

Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
I am not sure I fully understand how the animation of a card that is no longer able to be used after the item is stitched can affect the new weapon.

The only shooty weapon I know of that has a unique animation is the Frostlock with it's bayonet attack card. that animation is only triggered by the use of the card itself. When used as the look of another weapon the card should disappear and the animation should never be triggered. all of it's other animations are the same as the standard rifle. So I don't see how this would prevent stitching. The same goes for the other weapons in the crown shop. the Slashy Shooty crown shop weapon has no unique animations so the card that is removed upon stitching shouldn't be an issue. Plus with the unstitch feature you can always get the original weapon back later.