Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Unable to attack scurvy dogs

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
So i was just doing a promotional quest for Barnabus and i came to the part where you have to kill 6 scurvy dog sergeants, and i was unable to to attack any dog there, and all their names were green, which i'm guessing means they'er friendly, which means that i cant do this quest . Any help? I tried switching realms and restarting pirate101.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lightning Arrow on Jul 21, 2016 wrote:
So i was just doing a promotional quest for Barnabus and i came to the part where you have to kill 6 scurvy dog sergeants, and i was unable to to attack any dog there, and all their names were green, which i'm guessing means they'er friendly, which means that i cant do this quest . Any help? I tried switching realms and restarting pirate101.
You left Barnabus' promotion until it was too late - it's not a bug. You should have promoted him before you fought the Duck of Death.
There is a way that you might be able to get around this problem. Have a friend who hasn't yet finished the first part of Cool Ranch attack the scurvy dogs, then you join in.
If this doesn't work, then contact Support.
I always tell players never, ever neglect your main quest line companions! Barnabus gets this quest at level 15, and you're only doing this now?

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 22, 2016 wrote:
You left Barnabus' promotion until it was too late - it's not a bug. You should have promoted him before you fought the Duck of Death.
There is a way that you might be able to get around this problem. Have a friend who hasn't yet finished the first part of Cool Ranch attack the scurvy dogs, then you join in.
If this doesn't work, then contact Support.
I always tell players never, ever neglect your main quest line companions! Barnabus gets this quest at level 15, and you're only doing this now?
For some reason i got this quest at level 23, and that was after i fought the Duck of Death. I tried doing a fight with someone that has not defeated the DoD and i couldn't join.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Lightning Arrow on Jul 23, 2016 wrote:
For some reason i got this quest at level 23, and that was after i fought the Duck of Death. I tried doing a fight with someone that has not defeated the DoD and i couldn't join.
Then you must contact Support to get help.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2012
anecorbie on Jul 24, 2016 wrote:
Then you must contact Support to get help.
Ok i got support :) ty for the help :)