Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"The Rat Race" minor dialogue bugs

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

During Ratbeard's 1st promotion quest, "The Rat Race", I spotted minor bugs, in terms of text & voice dialogue. Listen.

1st off, after his promotion quest began at level 10, Ratbeard's voiceover in his dialogue line says, "Cap'n, now that our differences are settled, there's a matter I must see to.", however, the text also says the same, except that also says, "Let's get back to the Tavern.", & his voiceover doesn't say that in his part of his line. I don't think that's what he should say, because, I know we go to taverns to talk to companions during promo quests, but, how could we "go back" to a Tavern Cellar after his 1st promo quest began? Regardless, I would kindly suggest that the text in that part of his line should be changed to, "I'll explain it in a Tavern Cellar.", & his voiceover should say that suggestion change in that part of his line I spoke of.

2nd, before finishing that quest, Ratbeard's voiceover in his line says, "I means to find out just who did it, and that day, there'll be a reckoning.", however, the text in his line incorrectly says, "I mean to find out just who did it...", so I think that typo should be fixed.

That's the bug report I've given you. Hope you can fix them soon, if you please.

Thanks!

First Mate
Nov 01, 2012
Trimond297 on Sep 1, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy!

During Ratbeard's 1st promotion quest, "The Rat Race", I spotted minor bugs, in terms of text & voice dialogue. Listen.

1st off, after his promotion quest began at level 10, Ratbeard's voiceover in his dialogue line says, "Cap'n, now that our differences are settled, there's a matter I must see to.", however, the text also says the same, except that also says, "Let's get back to the Tavern.", & his voiceover doesn't say that in his part of his line. I don't think that's what he should say, because, I know we go to taverns to talk to companions during promo quests, but, how could we "go back" to a Tavern Cellar after his 1st promo quest began? Regardless, I would kindly suggest that the text in that part of his line should be changed to, "I'll explain it in a Tavern Cellar.", & his voiceover should say that suggestion change in that part of his line I spoke of.

2nd, before finishing that quest, Ratbeard's voiceover in his line says, "I means to find out just who did it, and that day, there'll be a reckoning.", however, the text in his line incorrectly says, "I mean to find out just who did it...", so I think that typo should be fixed.

That's the bug report I've given you. Hope you can fix them soon, if you please.

Thanks!
I think he means 'back' because we first meet him in a tavern cellar and he runs away in the middle of the battle.
~Finnigan

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Fearless Finnagan on Sep 2, 2015 wrote:
I think he means 'back' because we first meet him in a tavern cellar and he runs away in the middle of the battle.
~Finnigan
Oh... I remember. Well... I still did say that he doesn't really say "Let's get back to the Tavern." in that part of his line that's voiced over after the exemplary line I said of before. His voice only stopped at that, & that's it. Just thought I would have KI change that text part in his line to "I'll explain it in a Tavern Cellar." & then they would have the voice of Ratbeard voice it over, to have it more better suited to his matter in his promo quest. I think it suits well in my head, anyway.

Besides, he does say that after defeating Lasko and his group of angry spirits later on, so, why bother bringing a recorded part of his line that's already voiced over to an earlier line just to have him say that for a first time earlier & again for a second time later on? That makes it a bit, uh... redundant, doesn't it?