Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

The indestructable hydraulic piston.

AuthorMessage
Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Just last night, Dreaming Jill Underwood and myself were going through Beachhead. We had just finished the first fight in engineering, when to our dismay, we found we could not interact with the switch to destroy the first hydraulic piston. The only solution was to start the entire dungeon over again.

This is not the first time this has happened, even back to when Marleybone was brand new I remember this glitch happening. Mind you it does not always happen, and does seem to happen almost by chance.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
Gracie: The hydraulic piston, it's.... stuck!
Sarah Steele: Throw the switch!
El Toro: I can't.
Sarah Steele: Why?
Subodai: Stuck.
Gracie: I said that before!
Ratbeard: What's a piston?
(everyone else facepalms)
El Toro: TO BEACHHEAD!!!
Me: We are at Beachhead.
El Toro: Oh. (weak music)
Bonnie: Let's restart the dungeon
(Today)
Lt. Springer: We're fighting War Golems, and you tell me the switch was stuck at Beachhead?
Bonnie: Aye.
(defeats golems, dialogue continues)
Lt. Springer: Lets get out of here...

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Mar 1, 2014 wrote:
Just last night, Dreaming Jill Underwood and myself were going through Beachhead. We had just finished the first fight in engineering, when to our dismay, we found we could not interact with the switch to destroy the first hydraulic piston. The only solution was to start the entire dungeon over again.

This is not the first time this has happened, even back to when Marleybone was brand new I remember this glitch happening. Mind you it does not always happen, and does seem to happen almost by chance.
I was having problems that same night, or early morning in Beachhead section C. The game locked up and when I came back in, instead of me being at a healing fountain I was tossed back into the battle at C level. I had one life and a totally different crew including first mate. When I finished the fight, all companions and I survived , but I was not able to pick up any of the chests. When I used a bottle to revive companions it said I had knocked out (no idea when that happened as my reboot didn't take long enough to kill off all three companions, but three were revived including my missing first mate. I started the second fight and the graphics for the voice over never showed up I only heard Bishop speaking. After that fight I once again could not pick up any of the chests. I went upstairs to heal and none of the yum would trigger. I tried them all. Then I tried to place the gelatinite and sabotage the area but none of the x's would show up. The quest arrow would just fade away but no X. I gave up and left the dungeon and once outside that yum worked fine so I am sure the issue was just inside the dungeon. I sent in a report to the bug squasher team but I just put it here so you would not feel like it was just you. I had two friends chatting with me that were having some bizarre problems too like crews being selected for them and turns being skipped and text messages not getting through.
I suspect someone let some gremlins loose that morning and we all were near their mischievous scamperings. At least that is the story I am sticking with until I hear differently from the fine folks in the bug chasing department.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Jack, Is any of this a known bug or is this something new? My response from support was basically "Thanks for letting us know and we will let you know if we need more info." Which is fine, I was just curious if it was just a really freaky computer hiccup night or is there bugginess involved?

Administrator
We've had a difficult time reproducing this bug internally. As far as I'm concerned, the more information you can give us in this thread, the better! In fact, if you find a way to reliably reproduce this bug so it happens every time, please let me know the steps to do so

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
We've had a difficult time reproducing this bug internally. As far as I'm concerned, the more information you can give us in this thread, the better! In fact, if you find a way to reliably reproduce this bug so it happens every time, please let me know the steps to do so
Understood, and there's the rub. I redid that dungeon the next day and everything worked perfectly. Just wondered if it was a "Dark & Stormy Night" and things acted weird for no known reason for others too or if it was a traceable problem. It looks like the "Dark & Stormy Night" theory is the culprit.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 6, 2014 wrote:
Well, for a moment, the armada troops you need to fight before activating the first switch didn't show up, I activated it for no particular reason, then I couldn't interact with it again. I think thats what happened.