Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Stormzilla... bugged yet again.

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Nov 26, 2012
A little ways after the recent update introducing PvP, I came across a person who was very close to level fifty. I asked him, "why not get the last few levels?," and he responded with "Stormzilla is bugged." I honestly didn't believe him at the time, as I had just defeated the boss about a week ago.

Fast-forwarding to the present, my friend said the same thing, that he cannot progress due to Stormzilla being bugged. This made me want to see this for myself. Sure enough, the range bug was there yet again. The bug in which you cannot move more than 4 or 5 squares, or else you won't move at all. This makes the boss especially difficult, as if it weren't already. I'm sure there's a possibility that it can still be done under these circumstances, but I would think the chances are rather slim. With only being able to move a number of squares, the Baby Thunder Lizards will be hatching more often than they should. This leaves the player at a disadvantage, as the Baby Thunder Lizards will be using up the fire you set, as well as possibly dealing extra damage.

I hope you guys at KI get around to fixing it. Although, I'm sure you will, as you are probably the most reliable companies I have seen. Thanks.

Wicked Alexander L50
Wicked Xavier L18

Community Leader
xPythonic on Jan 6, 2013 wrote:
A little ways after the recent update introducing PvP, I came across a person who was very close to level fifty. I asked him, "why not get the last few levels?," and he responded with "Stormzilla is bugged." I honestly didn't believe him at the time, as I had just defeated the boss about a week ago.

Fast-forwarding to the present, my friend said the same thing, that he cannot progress due to Stormzilla being bugged. This made me want to see this for myself. Sure enough, the range bug was there yet again. The bug in which you cannot move more than 4 or 5 squares, or else you won't move at all. This makes the boss especially difficult, as if it weren't already. I'm sure there's a possibility that it can still be done under these circumstances, but I would think the chances are rather slim. With only being able to move a number of squares, the Baby Thunder Lizards will be hatching more often than they should. This leaves the player at a disadvantage, as the Baby Thunder Lizards will be using up the fire you set, as well as possibly dealing extra damage.

I hope you guys at KI get around to fixing it. Although, I'm sure you will, as you are probably the most reliable companies I have seen. Thanks.

Wicked Alexander L50
Wicked Xavier L18
It's my understanding that the bug has to do with the Fast ability showing extra spaces that you can't move to. I think Stupendor-X is only supposed to have a 4 square range. When they do fix it, it will be to remove those extra two squares, since they were causing the move not to happen. That is unless they change how the encounter works which, given all the negative feedback, is entirely possible. It is pretty tough in it's current and previous iterations.

Host of the Talkin' the Plank Podcast, where we talk about Pirate 101 every Friday!
Bosun
Apr 26, 2009
Talkin The Plank on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
It's my understanding that the bug has to do with the Fast ability showing extra spaces that you can't move to. I think Stupendor-X is only supposed to have a 4 square range. When they do fix it, it will be to remove those extra two squares, since they were causing the move not to happen. That is unless they change how the encounter works which, given all the negative feedback, is entirely possible. It is pretty tough in it's current and previous iterations.
Talkin' the Plank, when i was playing through as my swashbuckler i had no problem with the fast talent. I was able to travel all it showed me. Only problem i had was the Stupendor-X is his epics don't work. I am not able to reproduce this problem. Is there any other thing that can be done to have this issue happen?

Dead-eye Luke, Lvl 50 , Cunning Luke Sharp, Lvl 50 , Noble Luke Xavier, Level 37

Ensign
Feb 10, 2011
I did this fight 3 times this weekend and all the epics worked fine. However, there is one epic where you "swipe" the adjacent squares -- this one is confusing because you have to move to an empty square to activate the swipe. The first time I tried it, I thought it wasn't working.

As Talkin the Plank said, the only "bug" is the movement range shows more than the Stupendor-X can actually move (for Swash and classes that trained Swash movement talents). If you move no more than 4 spaces per round, you should be fine. Use your slowing power and make the Stormzilla walk through those fires from your laser beam!

Ensign
Jul 19, 2010
Stupendor-X's epics don't work at all, and it seems when I take out a tower or building it tells me I regain health, but I don't. For the epics I killed a baby stormzilla and I expected to hit a random target next to me but no (seeing the promised blade storm). Second Chance doesn't work at all! Fix this! Stormzilla is fine as it is, just fix Stupendor..

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2009
I am having trouble with something else. The eggs won't die. I hit them and the suit moves, but nothing happens. Unless the eggs can dodge, is that supposed to happen?

Administrator
The Go Go Stormzilla encounter underwent major revisions early this morning! I played through it a couple times, and the issues mentioned here and in many other threads now seem to be fixed! We're interested in hearing your feedback!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 10, 2013 wrote:
The Go Go Stormzilla encounter underwent major revisions early this morning! I played through it a couple times, and the issues mentioned here and in many other threads now seem to be fixed! We're interested in hearing your feedback!
Well, once I play through that, I'll be sure to send my regards. Thanks, though.