Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Small dreadnaught issue.

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
Banning people for doing the cabin glitch seems unfair. It's frustrating for the sigil not to be there and everything, and I get that, but full out banning them for something KI hasn't fixed or recognized right away shouldn't be something you have to sanction the PLAYERS for finding and executing. We just want drops. What KI should do is just fix it and leave it at that.
So, KI shouldn't ban someone for doing something that's breaking the game? The proof is right there at the Dreadnought - no sigil, which causes players to be unable to enter. That's a game break down. True, it's not affecting other dungeons, but that's not the point.

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Aug 12, 2019 wrote:
That's all true, but if this should come to a point of KI banning players using this exploit; that the punishment should not be a permanent ban. Suspension for a period of time ( 3 - 6 months or not to exceed a year ), would teach the lesson just as well without nuking them out of existence.
I would whole-heartedly agree with only a temporary ban. They just need to make sure the person know why the ban is in place, while still giving them a second chance in the game. It won't deter everybody, but it will slacken the flow as soon as people know the cause and effect. Maybe then everyone won't use unfair methods.

And if those people try to do it again, well, whatever the second offense is is their own fault.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
CaptainBlackWolfBo... on Aug 21, 2019 wrote:
Banning people for doing the cabin glitch seems unfair. It's frustrating for the sigil not to be there and everything, and I get that, but full out banning them for something KI hasn't fixed or recognized right away shouldn't be something you have to sanction the PLAYERS for finding and executing. We just want drops. What KI should do is just fix it and leave it at that.
If an ATM malfunctions due to a computer glitch and it allows someone to withdraw millions of dollars that is not their own, is that not still stealing? You are taking something that isn't yours (extra drops you didn't earn the way the game intended).

I wonder how many players legitimately found the glitch on their own and then reported it to KI support? I suspect most of the glitchers are doing it, because they found out from someone else and are deliberately doing the glitch. Just like the tomato glitch in Wizard101, I suspect the most sanctioned accounts will be the accounts that did the cabin glitch many, many times over (clearly understanding what they are doing).

The reason most companies ban accounts that use exploits like this, is because those players don't do the right thing when they find the exploit (stop/report).....those accounts are most likely to continue to exploiting whenever they can (at the expense of other players, game economy, KI's revenue, etc). Remember, no game company hands out bans lightly (loss of revenue or potential loss of revenue), they always weigh the decision against the good of the company/game.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
It's funny that what began as a simple bug report has become a "Hot Topic"...

Commodore
Feb 12, 2015
anecorbie on Sep 2, 2019 wrote:
It's funny that what began as a simple bug report has become a "Hot Topic"...
Yeah. I wasn't expecting it to balloon into this discussion, either.

Ensign
May 20, 2019
I agree it definitely wasn't awesome

Good hunting-
Sly dante yearling level.13 musketeer