Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Silent Knight Weapons not stitchable?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1754
The Silent Knight Duelist Set doesn't seem to want to be stitched to any other weapons? Also, why does it show a boost from Agility if it has no other stats?


First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
422
Willowydream on Dec 23, 2017 wrote:
The Silent Knight Duelist Set doesn't seem to want to be stitched to any other weapons? Also, why does it show a boost from Agility if it has no other stats?

It can only be stitched with weapons with the combat same animation, which although rare, could be different from other shooty/slashy weapon (especially if they incorporate a power card). If they have the same animations...then that is probably a bug/oversight.

I assume they tagged AGI for Musketeers since it was the only shooty weapon in the Silent Knight inventory (i.e. to let the player know what stat matches up for critical chances....not for an actual bonus since it doesn't have any other stats).

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
95
Willowydream on Dec 23, 2017 wrote:
The Silent Knight Duelist Set doesn't seem to want to be stitched to any other weapons? Also, why does it show a boost from Agility if it has no other stats?

I think the agility boost just shows that it can be stitched to stabby/shooty weapons and the agility is to show that it is an agility boosted weapon just to further prove that it is stabby/shooty. I believe it is just for looks the reason for no stats.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1754
The Silent Knight Battle Set is classified as a "Smashy" weapon rather than a combo of Smashy/Slashy or Smashy/Stabby, so I couldn't find anything to stitch it to for my privateer. ALL of the shield/sword weapons he owns or that I could find are combos except for this new Battle Set.

My privateer actually did 3 damage with it equipped. Once. All the rest of his attacks were "resisted."

The Stabby Silent Rogue Set was stitchable to the Bone Daggers and the Twin Tanto. Yay.

However, If the weapons aren't stitchable to anything in the game, they should have their own stats, no?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
Willowydream on Dec 25, 2017 wrote:
The Silent Knight Battle Set is classified as a "Smashy" weapon rather than a combo of Smashy/Slashy or Smashy/Stabby, so I couldn't find anything to stitch it to for my privateer. ALL of the shield/sword weapons he owns or that I could find are combos except for this new Battle Set.

My privateer actually did 3 damage with it equipped. Once. All the rest of his attacks were "resisted."

The Stabby Silent Rogue Set was stitchable to the Bone Daggers and the Twin Tanto. Yay.

However, If the weapons aren't stitchable to anything in the game, they should have their own stats, no?
If we ever get a way to display our weapons, they'll make nice "wall hangers"; too bad you wasted those crowns on unstitchable weapons, maybe a straight "smashy" weapon can be stitched to them?

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
95
Willowydream on Dec 25, 2017 wrote:
The Silent Knight Battle Set is classified as a "Smashy" weapon rather than a combo of Smashy/Slashy or Smashy/Stabby, so I couldn't find anything to stitch it to for my privateer. ALL of the shield/sword weapons he owns or that I could find are combos except for this new Battle Set.

My privateer actually did 3 damage with it equipped. Once. All the rest of his attacks were "resisted."

The Stabby Silent Rogue Set was stitchable to the Bone Daggers and the Twin Tanto. Yay.

However, If the weapons aren't stitchable to anything in the game, they should have their own stats, no?
They can be stitched, it's just to a very specific weapon. There are no stats because it's going to be stitched.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
422
Willowydream on Dec 25, 2017 wrote:
The Silent Knight Battle Set is classified as a "Smashy" weapon rather than a combo of Smashy/Slashy or Smashy/Stabby, so I couldn't find anything to stitch it to for my privateer. ALL of the shield/sword weapons he owns or that I could find are combos except for this new Battle Set.

My privateer actually did 3 damage with it equipped. Once. All the rest of his attacks were "resisted."

The Stabby Silent Rogue Set was stitchable to the Bone Daggers and the Twin Tanto. Yay.

However, If the weapons aren't stitchable to anything in the game, they should have their own stats, no?
Yeah, it's odd that the Silent Knight Battle Set is classified only as Smashy....given the prevalence of sword and shield weapons for Privateers.

It seems to me the Battle Set should have been Smashy/Slashy and the Great Sword as Smashy (to match other Bucc two handers).

Although I disagree with the method, there are weapons that are unstitchable and they do have good stats for items at that level, so yeah if it is intended to be unstitchable....then it should have stats.

I personally haven't found a shooty/slashy weapon that is stitchable with the Duelist Set either (but all mine have power cards attached too.....like the Thunderbuss Blade).

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1754
Perhaps Eloise needs to give pirates a hint when we attempt to stitch weapons. It's much more complicated than in Wizard101, where all weapons are wands.

If a weapon is unstitchable, such as the Nefarious ones, they could simply be labeled as No Stitch. If a weapon needs a particular type, and we think we have that type, but one has a card or animation issue, she could have a message remind us why it isn't working?

This type of question has been coming up since Stitching weapons was introduced. Those of us who have been around a while may think we know how it's supposed to work, but it's not easy. We can figure them out, or know where to find more information, but for new pirates, it's simply frustrating to find you have a bunch of similar weapons but none of them will stitch to a Crown Shop No Stat weapon?

I have come to believe that the awesome design/programming staff at Kingsisle simply gets a very small allotment of time for Pirate101, and as a result the attention-to-detail must be sacrificed to meet update deadlines. So, things enter the game with the wrong weapon-type designations -- the Battle Set, for example. By calling attention to an issue like this, I am hoping perhaps a fix can be accomplished.


Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
frostednutella on Dec 26, 2017 wrote:
They can be stitched, it's just to a very specific weapon. There are no stats because it's going to be stitched.
Have you stitched one & which one did you stitch?

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
95
anecorbie on Dec 27, 2017 wrote:
Have you stitched one & which one did you stitch?
I have not stitched one but I can tell they are for stitching. It reminded me of the jewel crafter bundle on wizard101 which had all of the hammer wand weapons that had no stats because they were meant for stitching.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1405
As to why it has agility as a classification, instead of nothing, I think it has to be classed as SOMETHING, either agility, will, or strength. Even with no stats at all, you can equip it instead of a nothing-is-equipped wooden sword. If you do, you have your base attack stats, plus the boosts to base that you get from your agility stat. I was using it this way quite often, intentionally using a cool looking cookie weapon, often one that did not use my primary stat. Why? Because I was hunting gingerbread in lower areas, with lower level pirates. I wanted the ability to hit something, and not always have it be a sure thing kill. It kept it more interesting, and reduced the chance I'd kill everything that came near me, leaving nothing for the other pirates to do, without intending to do that.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
frostednutella on Dec 28, 2017 wrote:
I have not stitched one but I can tell they are for stitching. It reminded me of the jewel crafter bundle on wizard101 which had all of the hammer wand weapons that had no stats because they were meant for stitching.
Unless you have one of these weapons and tried to stitch it, then saying "it's stitchable" when a player says that they can't stitch it ( and Willowy is a long time player and knows how stitching works ) that's just giving wrong information.
KingsIsle may have meant the weapons to be stitchable, but apparently there's been a mistake. I agree with Willowydream that if these weapons weren't meant to be stitched, they should say so in the description.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9318
Calamity Finch on Dec 28, 2017 wrote:
As to why it has agility as a classification, instead of nothing, I think it has to be classed as SOMETHING, either agility, will, or strength. Even with no stats at all, you can equip it instead of a nothing-is-equipped wooden sword. If you do, you have your base attack stats, plus the boosts to base that you get from your agility stat. I was using it this way quite often, intentionally using a cool looking cookie weapon, often one that did not use my primary stat. Why? Because I was hunting gingerbread in lower areas, with lower level pirates. I wanted the ability to hit something, and not always have it be a sure thing kill. It kept it more interesting, and reduced the chance I'd kill everything that came near me, leaving nothing for the other pirates to do, without intending to do that.
Alternatively, these weapons may have been intended for new, low level pirates, but why then couldn't KI give them a level or indicate that they are non-stitch?
I was thinking of buying one of these for my Buccaneer, but if they can't be stitched, i won't bother.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1754
anecorbie on Dec 29, 2017 wrote:
Alternatively, these weapons may have been intended for new, low level pirates, but why then couldn't KI give them a level or indicate that they are non-stitch?
I was thinking of buying one of these for my Buccaneer, but if they can't be stitched, i won't bother.
I can't see new low-level pirates choosing to spend crowns on these powerless weapons when they can get quite powerful gear for their money.

I have yet to find a Shooty/Slashy weapon that is stitchable to the Duelist Set or anything for the Battle Set, but the strictly Slashy Rogue weapons can be stitched to a couple of different Slashy weapons.This inconsistency seems to me to indicate the problem, and I think that the weapon types are what need to be fixed.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2011
95
anecorbie on Dec 29, 2017 wrote:
Unless you have one of these weapons and tried to stitch it, then saying "it's stitchable" when a player says that they can't stitch it ( and Willowy is a long time player and knows how stitching works ) that's just giving wrong information.
KingsIsle may have meant the weapons to be stitchable, but apparently there's been a mistake. I agree with Willowydream that if these weapons weren't meant to be stitched, they should say so in the description.
Saying I think and I believe as I had said is not giving wrong information, it was an opinion. I was using reasoning from previous experiences with other KI games.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
422
After a month, has anyone found a stitchable weapon with the Duelist Set?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1754
Oran from Urz on Jan 15, 2018 wrote:
After a month, has anyone found a stitchable weapon with the Duelist Set?
I have not. I am waiting for confirmation that a correction to the weapon types are in the works

@One-Eyed Jack? @Ratbeard?