Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

selecting and unselecting moves

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 13, 2011
when a move is selected, then unselected and finally discarded, it doesnt actually disappear and both the walking and attacking range is shown. not only that, but the would-be discarded move doesnt disappear until someone else is selected. when it goes back to the glitching character, then the move is gone. not a big problem, but an annoyance. the whole glitch is gone when the round is over

how to trigger it: select a move that requires targeting, unselect it then discard it

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
I'm not sure where on the boards it was, but one of the moderators had explained that there was not designed to be an unselect option. If you want to replace a move just go ahead and select another move. I think what you are talking about lets you see the countdown clock again, but with the question, "Have all players selected a move and are ready to start?" once you say you are ready, it doesn't let you turn that back. If you are trying to unselect and are picking a new move, and the others click done, play starts right then. I am not sure if this resolves the glitch you are having. If not, could you go over what is happening step by step.

Captain
May 13, 2011
Calamity Finch on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I'm not sure where on the boards it was, but one of the moderators had explained that there was not designed to be an unselect option. If you want to replace a move just go ahead and select another move. I think what you are talking about lets you see the countdown clock again, but with the question, "Have all players selected a move and are ready to start?" once you say you are ready, it doesn't let you turn that back. If you are trying to unselect and are picking a new move, and the others click done, play starts right then. I am not sure if this resolves the glitch you are having. If not, could you go over what is happening step by step.
i tried to explain it as best as i could, but ill go more in detail if you want to

i click mojo storm (one of the moves) to attack enemies, but the range isnt far enough, thinking it wont be so useful, i click it again to unselect it and then discard it, but it doesnt disappear and the board still shows the range of mojo storm and how far i can walk. no matter how many times i try to discard mojo storm, it doesnt go away. i then click another companion and go back to my pirate and the move is gone, but the range is still there. once i end my turn, everything is normal

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
When you say you are clicking it (Mojo storm) a second time to discard it, are you using a right click? A left click to highlight and a right click to discard? What happens if you click your pirate and then click on a different power first? It sounds strange that the range would still be there if that move was successfully discarded.

Has anyone else on the boards run into this issue and solved it?