Second Rooke Battle

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 22, 2011
19
In the second Rooke battle, on the Wreck of the Victory, we get to choose our companions because it's an epic battle, but there is a glitch that already locks 3 random companions into battle, and we can't change them.

Administrator
Hi! Wondering if you can answer a few questions for me:

  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 22, 2011
19
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
Hi! Wondering if you can answer a few questions for me:

  • How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
  • Were you playing Solo? (Y/N)
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many?
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue?
  • Can you reproduce this bug?
1.) It happened only that one time

2.) I was with my friend Jonathan Nightingale, and it was his first time seeing this bug as well

3.) It was just me and him

4.) Jonathan also experienced the same bug, but we both didn't know how or why it happened

5.) I'm sure it could be reproduced, but I'm guessing it happens in random battles

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
112
Happy Michael West on Jun 5, 2013 wrote:
In the second Rooke battle, on the Wreck of the Victory, we get to choose our companions because it's an epic battle, but there is a glitch that already locks 3 random companions into battle, and we can't change them.
I have not had this happen for me. each battle i pick my crew all is well. There really needs to be a second chance chest after the second rooke boss :-(

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
I had this happen to me also when I fought Rooke. I was also fighting with a friend and we were both locked out of changing our companions. I was just grateful that it somehow defaulted to the last line up I had chosen so it didn't hamper the battle too much. It was just kind of silly to see the "Pick your companion" interface but all of the choices were locked. I simply forgot to report it. Thank you Michael for being more on the ball and reminding me of the glitch.

Ensign
Dec 22, 2011
19
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Jun 6, 2013 wrote:
I had this happen to me also when I fought Rooke. I was also fighting with a friend and we were both locked out of changing our companions. I was just grateful that it somehow defaulted to the last line up I had chosen so it didn't hamper the battle too much. It was just kind of silly to see the "Pick your companion" interface but all of the choices were locked. I simply forgot to report it. Thank you Michael for being more on the ball and reminding me of the glitch.
My pleasure

Gunner's Mate
Nov 21, 2010
215
btw jack i battled rooke left the dungeon i did the quest with my friend i have to restart the whole entire quest plz help i just want to get to aquila

Lieutenant
Oct 11, 2010
112
this happened to me when grouped companions were locked what was used in the prior fight with rooke. though one of mined die i did bottle, wounder if i did not would i get one i did not want? :) who knows. One eyed jack please reply to the second chance chest trend on rooke or apply something to the drop table rates there is too much grinding needed to see any drops on this fight. being there is TWO chances and we are just seeing gold. Why not just make no chests and gold just goes into our bags then? reall though when hes downed he has all his gear on like in war you can take anything off a dead man :)

Lieutenant
May 24, 2009
160
I fought Rooke solo and had no problems like that. Maybe it's just when you fight as a team...? I saw a YouTube video of someone fighting alongside a friend, and they had their choices locked. One person even only had two choices in the selection screen.

Have a Great Day! Lvl 62

Administrator
Any more details available concerning companion selection being locked in during the second battle with Rooke?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 22, 2011
19
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 13, 2013 wrote:
Any more details available concerning companion selection being locked in during the second battle with Rooke?
Actually, yes. I tried the battle again and this time I was able to pick my companions, but the countdown went all the way down to 0, and the companions I picked were not the ones to show up, they were just random companions that I never picked.

Lieutenant
May 29, 2009
122
I don't remember this happening with my Buccaneer. Though of course the person I quested with liked to rush through the dialogue and sometimes I didn't get to choose.

I am on solo with my Witchdoctor atm. She is just now starting the Isle of Fetch so I will keep a lookout for this when she gets to the Wreck of Victory with Rooke battle.

~SM~