Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Quest Helper

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 06, 2009
Sometimes my quest helper points to the complete opposite direction to where I'm actually supposed to go. When I'm on my ship the quest helper is fine but once I step on land it's frozen in one spot. It happens on certain days and on other days there are no problems with it. Does anyone else have this problem?

Ensign
Mar 21, 2009
Yes! I have this problem alot! It happened to me a few weeks ago and would continue ever since. It's happened mostly on my laptop and sometimes on my home computer. I found it pretty strange. The Quest Helper sometimes doesn't work on my ship but, other times it does.

Loyal Roslyn Dove- Level 14 Swashbuckler

Ensign
Feb 07, 2010
This is really frustrating to me, because I have a quest to locate wooden boards but they aren't near the icon in the map nor where the helper directs me.

Dead-Eye Jeremy Wright 50 Swashbuckler
Dead-Eye Jeremy Wright 31 Witchdoctor (This char is when it happened)

Ensign
Dec 22, 2008
The numbers inside the arrow still work even when the arrow is stuck, just follow the numbers until they get down to near 100.

Someone elsewhere on the forum said defragging the hard drive worked for them, but it didn't for me. What works for me is shutting down and restarting my PC. I think this started after one of the early Dec. updates, but not sure.

For me this seems to be a hardware issue, memory leak or something after extended game play.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I believe I may have the same problem as you all have. The Quest Helper Arrow is mostly stuck on quests. I'm sure KI is working on a fix for this right now.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2012
I've had this same problem recently. It is very frustrating in Cool Ranch with all of the islands.

Fearless Dylan Roberts lvl 27 witchdoctor