Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

People floating/flying in Avery Court?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 17, 2017
33
Hi, i'm in Avery court from time to time and I usually see people floating/flying in Avery Court.

Is this is a glitch I should be worried about?

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1803
sparkyrail12 on Jan 27, 2018 wrote:
Hi, i'm in Avery court from time to time and I usually see people floating/flying in Avery Court.

Is this is a glitch I should be worried about?
I am never in Avery Court long enough to notice these things. Why do people seem to care so much about it?

There be piratin' to get done, matey!

Yo Ho!


Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1421
I usually see this when I first get there, and I haven't yet loaded whatever mount those pirates are using, that puts them up in the air. If it doesn't go away in a minute or two, it might be something to contact service about, but at least it is not anything harmful to your game. If you are new to the game, or had to change something on your computer, so that everything that everyone is wearing and riding on, and being followed by, like pets and crew members, has to load appearances, it can take a while for it all to be visible. Avery's Court, with all it's many pirates, from lowest level to max, with clothes from all over, and even card pack items, it can take a while for a download of appearances.

Ensign
Aug 05, 2016
6
The glitch is nothing harmful to the game, in fact it's just something fun to mess around with. I'm not going to explain how you get up there, but believe me no one benefits from doing it. It's just for having some fun in the court really. I've seen people report me and others for simply being in the air. Two-Faced Aurora Clegg threatened to screenshot me and friend for doing it when she herself was also doing it. I took a screenshot of her too. People seem to think this is something that really breaks the game or is "cheating" when in reality it's quite the opposite.

Captain
Jun 10, 2013
712
melinax6 on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
The glitch is nothing harmful to the game, in fact it's just something fun to mess around with. I'm not going to explain how you get up there, but believe me no one benefits from doing it. It's just for having some fun in the court really. I've seen people report me and others for simply being in the air. Two-Faced Aurora Clegg threatened to screenshot me and friend for doing it when she herself was also doing it. I took a screenshot of her too. People seem to think this is something that really breaks the game or is "cheating" when in reality it's quite the opposite.
You would be explaining it at least in game if you weren't doing something fishy? Wouldn't you? If it's simply a fun thing to do everything should have the chance to have fun, right?

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
524
If you do know how to do it legally, I highly recommend explaining it. I have made a thread on central that I think is extremely relevant to this subject, and I also highly recommend at least one employee from KI reading it.

http://www.pirate101central.com/forums/showthread.php?61643-HIGH-Flying-Glitch-Discussion-Thread&p=307127&posted=1#post307127

Though I may be wrong, most of the pirates I have talked to believe the glitch is done through 3rd party intervention, such as cheat engines, or modifying certain parameters of the game by another method I will not specify (unless KI requests). At first I wanted to not believe it, but now I do.

Why do I say this? Because those who can do the glitch said they can do so by changing values. Such a thing implicitly alludes to the use of cheat engines or other 3rd party modifiers.

If this is done legally, please do tell us how its done. If it is not, I recommend you stop doing it as it goes against KI's rules. I know you may have good intentions and just want fun, and yes, I agree the glitch is harmless and aesthetically intriguing- but if done in a wrong manner it could get you banned.

So to conclude, I highly recommend you tell us how its done. People will report you, and unless you make it clear on how you do it legally (if you do it legally that is), it is fair for most people to report you, not because you are flying, but because they highly believe you are using illegal programs to do so. I don't think aesthetic glitches are an offense, I can go in the fountain, rug glitch etc. But the use of 3rd party programs? Yes.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
524
melinax6 on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
The glitch is nothing harmful to the game, in fact it's just something fun to mess around with. I'm not going to explain how you get up there, but believe me no one benefits from doing it. It's just for having some fun in the court really. I've seen people report me and others for simply being in the air. Two-Faced Aurora Clegg threatened to screenshot me and friend for doing it when she herself was also doing it. I took a screenshot of her too. People seem to think this is something that really breaks the game or is "cheating" when in reality it's quite the opposite.
P.S: Also if it is done legally, I highly recommend KI not fixing this glitch, and treat it like the rug glitch. It is uber cool.

P.P.S: As to threatening my friend Two-Faced Aurora/Dino Clegg (aka RZ), they ported to that position, and did not do it through illegal means. RZ did not do anything wrong, and it is unfair for you to say they did. And screenshots are not a threat .

Ensign
Aug 17, 2017
33
melinax6 on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
The glitch is nothing harmful to the game, in fact it's just something fun to mess around with. I'm not going to explain how you get up there, but believe me no one benefits from doing it. It's just for having some fun in the court really. I've seen people report me and others for simply being in the air. Two-Faced Aurora Clegg threatened to screenshot me and friend for doing it when she herself was also doing it. I took a screenshot of her too. People seem to think this is something that really breaks the game or is "cheating" when in reality it's quite the opposite.
Thanks for the info, honestly I was just confused, never really thought it was cheating or anything.

Admiral
Oct 27, 2009
1421
melinax6 on Jan 28, 2018 wrote:
The glitch is nothing harmful to the game, in fact it's just something fun to mess around with. I'm not going to explain how you get up there, but believe me no one benefits from doing it. It's just for having some fun in the court really. I've seen people report me and others for simply being in the air. Two-Faced Aurora Clegg threatened to screenshot me and friend for doing it when she herself was also doing it. I took a screenshot of her too. People seem to think this is something that really breaks the game or is "cheating" when in reality it's quite the opposite.
So there is a glitch too? Although image loading lag could also be what sparkyrail12 saw. Is the glitch to do with the new seraph wings that just were added?

Ensign
Aug 05, 2016
6
I'm not explaining it simply because I personally wasn't able to get it working. I know the process (mostly) but for me it wasn't able to work. But I can say that trust me it doesn't do anything other than put you in the air basically as high as you want, though it doesn't work everywhere. People tend to want to port to others who are in the air, and that's not really an issue but the problem is when you say no to let someone port and they report you for it or call you a "cheater".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9470
There is a glitch that will allow you to float in midair in your house. I'm going to describe it now as it isn't a cheat nor requires a 3rd party program.
1. All you need is the crow's-nest from the Admiral's Bundle.
2. place crow's-nest in house.
3. go into crows-nest.
4. click on and remove crows-nest to backpack.
Voila! You're floating! ( and don't move, if you move, you fall to the ground. )
If this glitch needs a 3rd party program, then KI is within it's rights to stop players from doing it. I believe that this could be a game breaking situation, if you get hrdes of players doing it at the same time.
I find it highly suspicious that the steps to this glitch isn't being described openly; if you think it's all above board, why not share the information with the rest of us?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9470
P.S.: And if Ki were to block this "harmless" glitch it wouldn't be the first one they blocked. Around 4 yrs. ago I reported that the flower petals that you could buy from the housing vendor in Subata would flip you upside down while you were mounted, and KI blocked that glitch in the next update.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9470
See my post:"Weird and funny glitch I've discovered".

Ensign
Oct 06, 2015
4
sparkyrail12 on Jan 27, 2018 wrote:
Hi, i'm in Avery court from time to time and I usually see people floating/flying in Avery Court.

Is this is a glitch I should be worried about?
This happens when the game is loading or you have bad internet connection. You should not be worried about it bc it happens to all of us.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
524
anecorbie on Jan 30, 2018 wrote:
There is a glitch that will allow you to float in midair in your house. I'm going to describe it now as it isn't a cheat nor requires a 3rd party program.
1. All you need is the crow's-nest from the Admiral's Bundle.
2. place crow's-nest in house.
3. go into crows-nest.
4. click on and remove crows-nest to backpack.
Voila! You're floating! ( and don't move, if you move, you fall to the ground. )
If this glitch needs a 3rd party program, then KI is within it's rights to stop players from doing it. I believe that this could be a game breaking situation, if you get hrdes of players doing it at the same time.
I find it highly suspicious that the steps to this glitch isn't being described openly; if you think it's all above board, why not share the information with the rest of us?
I agree with you, the glitch being kept secretive is kind of suspicious- most likely it is illegal.

Many people are misunderstanding the glitch from what I have read. It is not merely being stuck at an unusual height due to loading, poor internet or other issues. This is something else all together. Let me describe it.

Whoever these glitchers are, they have the trajectory of a bird. You can literally see them "take off", float wherever they want to, and even descend underneath the ground if they choose too. They do so in one smooth continuous motion. As I said before, they claim to do so by "changing values". These "values" are most certainly variables that control how high or low the pirate is in game. Based on this I very much believe it is a 3rd party program, most likely a cheat engine, or a more arduous way which only me and RZ are aware of (but have not tested because we don't want to get banned) which is also illegal*. Such programs easily have the potential to alter game variables including height.

Melinax6, I highly suggest telling us what is going on and confirm whether the glitch is done illegally or legally. If it is done legally, tell us the process of doing so.

*I may email KI this, but I dont want to sound like a fool, because I am no hacker or anything. It maybe totally secure.

Ensign
Apr 28, 2016
15
Golden Guardian on Jan 31, 2018 wrote:
I agree with you, the glitch being kept secretive is kind of suspicious- most likely it is illegal.

Many people are misunderstanding the glitch from what I have read. It is not merely being stuck at an unusual height due to loading, poor internet or other issues. This is something else all together. Let me describe it.

Whoever these glitchers are, they have the trajectory of a bird. You can literally see them "take off", float wherever they want to, and even descend underneath the ground if they choose too. They do so in one smooth continuous motion. As I said before, they claim to do so by "changing values". These "values" are most certainly variables that control how high or low the pirate is in game. Based on this I very much believe it is a 3rd party program, most likely a cheat engine, or a more arduous way which only me and RZ are aware of (but have not tested because we don't want to get banned) which is also illegal*. Such programs easily have the potential to alter game variables including height.

Melinax6, I highly suggest telling us what is going on and confirm whether the glitch is done illegally or legally. If it is done legally, tell us the process of doing so.

*I may email KI this, but I dont want to sound like a fool, because I am no hacker or anything. It maybe totally secure.
I'm a bit confused on what we're defining as illegal. you mention 3rd party involvement. If it is a 3rd party software, the software itself is not illegal in a court of law, just a violation of ki's user agreement. Regardless, KI's been fighting the 3rd party software battle pretty much since forever. They've done the best they can with preventing people from skipping turns in pvp and using it to get crowns, but aside from that I don't think there's much they can do to completely keep it blocked. It's hard to stop those since 3rd party software gets updated frequently and it's frustrating.
While cheating is never fun in any game, I don't exactly follow how the floating is giving anyone an unfair advantage over anyone else to make it be such a concerning topic, however. Unless they're reaping in crowns or currency or using it to go to premium areas or affecting other players' ability to play the game, I just don't see why we're all freaked out.
Not to mention after reading through the full central post, it seems like you're trying to bribe people into posting how to do it or else threatening to report. At this point I'd just drop it entirely and let KI deal with it if they have the time to since it's now been brought to their attention.

Lieutenant
Sep 17, 2012
163
I am not sure if people are stills seeing this glitch (I have yet to see it performed) but it seems that melinax said they were not able to do it consistently. I may not be liked for this opinion but let people play and glitch how they want. We dont need to report someone for a cool discovery. If they dont want to be a friendly member of the community that shares how they do it then thats their right. Reputation carries in the game and when they need to morph a pet, or need help killing ships, or on a tough new boss in the new world that needs to be farmed then players may think twice about helping a person that wants to be selfish with information. However if i read it correctly it sounds like the glitch is not easily repeatable (or that could be a lie).

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9470
Avery Court Grace on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
I am not sure if people are stills seeing this glitch (I have yet to see it performed) but it seems that melinax said they were not able to do it consistently. I may not be liked for this opinion but let people play and glitch how they want. We dont need to report someone for a cool discovery. If they dont want to be a friendly member of the community that shares how they do it then thats their right. Reputation carries in the game and when they need to morph a pet, or need help killing ships, or on a tough new boss in the new world that needs to be farmed then players may think twice about helping a person that wants to be selfish with information. However if i read it correctly it sounds like the glitch is not easily repeatable (or that could be a lie).
@ TheCashmania & Avery Court Grace: What you see as "harmless" fun may cause game breaking problems later on, if more players continue to do this with a third party program that KI knows nothing about. As to the legality of third party programs - it is certainly against the Terms of Use of KI and anyone using such a program is risking their account. Is that worth the "fun"?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9470
TheCashmania on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
I'm a bit confused on what we're defining as illegal. you mention 3rd party involvement. If it is a 3rd party software, the software itself is not illegal in a court of law, just a violation of ki's user agreement. Regardless, KI's been fighting the 3rd party software battle pretty much since forever. They've done the best they can with preventing people from skipping turns in pvp and using it to get crowns, but aside from that I don't think there's much they can do to completely keep it blocked. It's hard to stop those since 3rd party software gets updated frequently and it's frustrating.
While cheating is never fun in any game, I don't exactly follow how the floating is giving anyone an unfair advantage over anyone else to make it be such a concerning topic, however. Unless they're reaping in crowns or currency or using it to go to premium areas or affecting other players' ability to play the game, I just don't see why we're all freaked out.
Not to mention after reading through the full central post, it seems like you're trying to bribe people into posting how to do it or else threatening to report. At this point I'd just drop it entirely and let KI deal with it if they have the time to since it's now been brought to their attention.
If it's as Golden Guardian said that they do this by adjusting values; then that means that they've hacked into the game in order to do this. This should definitely be a concern to KI.

Captain
Oct 26, 2012
524
anecorbie on Feb 2, 2018 wrote:
If it's as Golden Guardian said that they do this by adjusting values; then that means that they've hacked into the game in order to do this. This should definitely be a concern to KI.
My ability to post on these boards is coming to an end, so I will conclude my thoughts on this issue. This maybe my last one

1.) Anecorbie is right on 3rd party software.

I understand mods, editing game values etc. In some games (usually older ones) companies don't care. Even in new ones, like GTA5, modding is somewhat allowed. The problem with this flying glitch is, if done illegally, more people will seek to do it illegally. Though the intent of flying is as I said harmless, the use of 3rd party WILL tempt some pirates to explore things other than flying eventually (extra crowns, altering the court perhaps etc), and this is very dangerous for the games health. There is a reason KI does not allow 3rd party software, and many other game developers too. The potential to do harm is very strong.

2.) Just because it may be legal, doesn't mean you will NOT get banned.

By playing the game we are doing so on KI terms of use, not entirely on governmental conditions. Even if what you are doing is not illegal per se, if it goes against ToS you will be banned.

3.) @cashmania
I agree with quite a bit of what you say. But no, I don't report threaten people merely for glitching. I can get in the fountain, and some guy reported me like crazy for not telling him, and he was very rude. So I told everyone but him how to get in.

He did have one valid point though- if I did not tell anyone, it is LIKELY that I am doing something illegal to get in the fountain. It is fair of him to think that. (Just to clarify there is a simple legal way to get in the fountain)

I treat these flying glitchers the same way.

4.) It has been quite some time since I have seen this glitch as well. Perhaps KI has fixed it, or banned those doing it? No way to know unless a mod confirms.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9470
Golden Guardian on Feb 3, 2018 wrote:
My ability to post on these boards is coming to an end, so I will conclude my thoughts on this issue. This maybe my last one

1.) Anecorbie is right on 3rd party software.

I understand mods, editing game values etc. In some games (usually older ones) companies don't care. Even in new ones, like GTA5, modding is somewhat allowed. The problem with this flying glitch is, if done illegally, more people will seek to do it illegally. Though the intent of flying is as I said harmless, the use of 3rd party WILL tempt some pirates to explore things other than flying eventually (extra crowns, altering the court perhaps etc), and this is very dangerous for the games health. There is a reason KI does not allow 3rd party software, and many other game developers too. The potential to do harm is very strong.

2.) Just because it may be legal, doesn't mean you will NOT get banned.

By playing the game we are doing so on KI terms of use, not entirely on governmental conditions. Even if what you are doing is not illegal per se, if it goes against ToS you will be banned.

3.) @cashmania
I agree with quite a bit of what you say. But no, I don't report threaten people merely for glitching. I can get in the fountain, and some guy reported me like crazy for not telling him, and he was very rude. So I told everyone but him how to get in.

He did have one valid point though- if I did not tell anyone, it is LIKELY that I am doing something illegal to get in the fountain. It is fair of him to think that. (Just to clarify there is a simple legal way to get in the fountain)

I treat these flying glitchers the same way.

4.) It has been quite some time since I have seen this glitch as well. Perhaps KI has fixed it, or banned those doing it? No way to know unless a mod confirms.
Just to clarify definitions, Golden Guardian, don't use the word "illegal" in describing this glitch, most people reading that word will equate it with "against the law".
From now on, readers should be aware that 3rd party software is against the Terms of Use issued by KI which we have all agreed to before down loading this game. KI is in their rights to ban anyone who violates this agreement.
Use instead: "violation" or "not allowed" by KingsIsle's Terms of Use..

Ensign
Apr 28, 2016
15
@Anecorbie, I never said cheating was harmless or fun. It's frustrating for everyone, especially when it hinders other people. In this case, something like floating

@Golden Guardian
Trying to add crowns and modify the court is something that can't be done using 3rd party systems. KI took care of the crown stuff a long, long time ago.
As for any sort of modifying of the court, I know that there's spoiler accounts that change models for showing unreleased content, but that's done using the game itself. There's no way for a player to modify something from the server side. So Avery's won't be getting messed with in a way that would hinder other players.

Like I said, it's been brought to KI's attention and it's ultimately their decision on what to do about it. Or not do about it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯