Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Overwatch from Santa Rana's hat not working

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My privateer recently acquired Santa Rana's hat (as he wasn't using it any more). She uses a shooty/slashy weapon. After several fights it became obvious that the hat's Overwatch ability does not trigger. I have a musketeer who also has the hat, and it does work for her. She is using a pure shooty weapon at the moment. Is there a bug, or was the hat intended to grant Overwatch only to purely shooty weapons?

-Indigo

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Experimented a bit yesterday, and it works with a straight shooty weapon. So the question is, was it designed to work only shooty-only weapons?

-Indigo

Developer
Indigo Ring on Nov 23, 2014 wrote:
Experimented a bit yesterday, and it works with a straight shooty weapon. So the question is, was it designed to work only shooty-only weapons?

-Indigo
A shooty/slashy weapon is a melee weapon with a range of 1.

No, you can't use Overwatch with a weapon with a range of 1.

But Repel Boarders should work just fine with your shooty/slashy.

Gunner's Mate
May 08, 2010
With Slashy/Shooty Weapons, It works like a sword/axe, so If they walk right next to you /repelborders style, It should work, but with Sword and guns from a distance it Should not work.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
Makes since, actually; I just hadn't been thinking about it having a range of one as I make a lot of ranged attacks using powers with the weapon. Thanks for the responses, Ratbeard WDoA.

-Indigo