Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Overwatch changes and Readied Spell 2

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
So following the changes to the range of all the ranks of Overwatch, that being 2 tiles, I have a question in regards to Readied Spell 2.

When Readied Spell 1 is on a companion, they activate it at the expected range of 2 tiles. That is good, since Witchdoctor companions don't have a very large range. However, I decided to give my Carcarius Grimtooth Readied Spell 2, so that he can attack incoming enemies while the rest of my team continues taking them down. However, I've noticed 2 things with this. 1. The range of which Readied Spell activates is 3 tiles, 2 empty, and the 3rd one being where the enemy walks to. I had assumed that Readied Spell 2 would also have a change in it's range back to 2. I'm not sure if this is intended or not, but the 2 thing I found is interesting. It seems when my Carcarius has Readied Spell 2, he has a sort of "blind spot" in which he will not activate Readied Spell 2 if the enemy happens to walk into this blind spot.

( Hooray, time for more of Gruesome Richard's legendary battleboard visuals )

X = Blank Square, C = Carcarius, E = Enemy

X X X X E
X X X X X
X X X X X
X C X X X
X X X X X
X X X X X
X X X X E

I used my usual buffs and waited for the enemy to approach me, so that Carcarius' Readied Spell would trigger upon them coming into range. However, when those 2 enemies walked into those exact spots, Carcarius did not trigger Readied Spell. He would, however, activate in these bold spots:
| | | |
V V V V

X X X X E
X X X X X <-
X X X X X <-
X C X X X <-
X X X X X <-
X X X X X <-
X X X X E

^ ^ ^ ^
The arrows represent if the enemy moved to that tile via that way.

When the enemies moved closer, his Readied Spell did not trigger, as I had expected, since it would only trigger if the enemy was 2 tiles away from reaching Carcarius.

Is this a bug? Are the visuals confusing? Must I take art class?