Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Old Scratch has an attack bug

AuthorMessage
Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
I'm tired of Old Scratch constantly failing to attack his target. You choose a target for normal hit and he attacks where you directed but there is nothing there for him to attack even though his target is actually there. It isn't a miss, it is a bug that somehow acts as if the target isn't there and so Old Scratch loses his turn while attacking thin air instead of the target.

Bosun
Aug 21, 2009
lots of players are having problems with Old Scratch... is he ever going to be fixed cause he should be near the top of my companion order but I can't keep him there when half of all his attacks end up bugged and working

Administrator
This is not a bug. Old Scratch is fizzling his spell. This was changed back in February. Please see the Combat heading in the update notes here.

"Magical AoE abilities will fizzle, rather than trigger a dodge animation from the target."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
One-Eyed Jack on Sep 11, 2013 wrote:
This is not a bug. Old Scratch is fizzling his spell. This was changed back in February. Please see the Combat heading in the update notes here.

"Magical AoE abilities will fizzle, rather than trigger a dodge animation from the target."
He might be experiencing something different Jack. When my Scratchy fizzles I can always see the bad guy he is aiming at. He is talking about Scratch tossing a spell at nothing.

Ensign
Mar 26, 2011
I'm pretty sure it is just scratchy fizzing. However, witchdoctors fizzle WAY too much. Seriously. Scratch seems to fizzle about 80% of the time, and my witchdoctor pirate fizzles about 35% of the time. You guys really need to do something about this.

- Merciless Hunter Bowman, Musketeer