Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Not sure if this is a bug with the Clockworks

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
So, I have a level 15/16 musketeer that has been doing the Party Barge quests. In the Ancient Ruins, she has to defeat Musketeers for the thread and Marines for the needle wires. If she initiates a battle with a Musketeer, there is only ever one of those, so she can only collect one thread per battle. AND, even if there are two Marines in the group, she never collects needle wire. In order to start collecting needle wire, I must have her initiate the battle with an Armada Marine. Why can't she collect both items from the same battle she started with the Musketeer?

This is like the Striped Bumbaloons in Cool Ranch - we must do at least six fights to collect these items over and over and over.

High level pirates have it much easier than the lower levels. The Westminster Skyway quest I can do quickly.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Willowydream on Oct 30, 2017 wrote:
So, I have a level 15/16 musketeer that has been doing the Party Barge quests. In the Ancient Ruins, she has to defeat Musketeers for the thread and Marines for the needle wires. If she initiates a battle with a Musketeer, there is only ever one of those, so she can only collect one thread per battle. AND, even if there are two Marines in the group, she never collects needle wire. In order to start collecting needle wire, I must have her initiate the battle with an Armada Marine. Why can't she collect both items from the same battle she started with the Musketeer?

This is like the Striped Bumbaloons in Cool Ranch - we must do at least six fights to collect these items over and over and over.

High level pirates have it much easier than the lower levels. The Westminster Skyway quest I can do quickly.

Yes, it took over a dozen fights for my level 18 buccaneer ( alt account ) to gather the thread and needle wire - something that could be done in less than half the battles for my max level account in Marleybone.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Three max level pirates each completed the Party Barge Quests in 15-20 minutes this morning - easily sinking ships and collecting floating boxes -- not a problem.

Twenty minutes later and Level 16 musketeer is STILL fighting clockworks in the Ancient Ruins, trying to collect needle wire, even though there are two Marine's in the battle, she only receives one needle wire per battle, if at all...

She still has to sail to Tierra Primata Skyway and try to sink ships for the other two quests, but due to the mobbing activity of the large number of Cutthroat Ships in that tiny area, she will get boarded or sunk and have to fight on the decks to win.

Doesn't this seem like a difficulty penalty for these lower level pirates?

(Also - the companion dialogue upon collection is still reversed for the Thread and Needles in the Ancient Ruins.)