Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Muted

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 26, 2013
Hi i am new to the message boards and i have a question. So my brother and i play on a same computer he got muted today and i also got muted but i didn't do anything. Is this some type of bug or mistake? I really would like to know why its happening because it has happened twice.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
KingTiger700 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
Hi i am new to the message boards and i have a question. So my brother and i play on a same computer he got muted today and i also got muted but i didn't do anything. Is this some type of bug or mistake? I really would like to know why its happening because it has happened twice.
It depends on what you were doing or likely saying and did someone report you?

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
This is just a guess but I am thinking that it is the account that gets muted and not a specific Pirate. As far as KI is concerned, any Pirate that deserves muting will find his account muted since, if only one Pirate was muted, that player could use another Pirate in that account to continue his un-Piratical actions. You might want to ask your brother how long the account is muted for since, I am certain, that KI has told him both how long and what he was muted for.

You may need to get a separate account and do NOT let your brother play on it since it seems he can't follow the rules.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
KingTiger700 on Jul 24, 2014 wrote:
Hi Dragonking, welcome to the message boards.
I have never been muted but I have talked to a few that had been. It kind of depends on the level of muting. If you share an account then it is usually the whole account that is muted. If it is severe enough the do an computer or IP muting. That means that anyone from your internet address is muted. If it is possible, separate yourself from his account so that you do not reap the repercussions of his actions.
Talking to customer support will help you to figure out how to do this.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
there is a way to get around that but it would be best not to try it. probably best not to ask either or else get yourself muted or banned while doing either of those.