Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

More quest dialogue typo errors

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy!

I've come across some dialogue typo errors that should be brought to your attention.

1. During the quest, "Only a Moomori", playing as a Privateer, Egg Shen says, "Ho ho ho, you look marvelous! Now go out there and ruin it - knock over the Scenery and crowd the stage. Moomori will lose face.", but the text says, "No go out there and ruin it...".

2. During the quest, "Hot Potato", after defeating the Inoshishi Necromancer in Sorcerer's Den, Old Scratch says, "The Sorcerer is beaten, and with him go him curses. But the cursed ghost is not yet free! Her grave must be close to her.", but the text says, "The Sorcerer is beaten, and with him go his curses.".

3. During the quest, "With Catlike Tread", Ratbeard says, "I'll rips your ears off! Lemme at him! Why you -", but the text incorrectly says, "I'll rip your ears off!".

4. During the quest, "Shrimp on the Barbie", Bonnie Anne says, "That's Devilfish Hollow. That' dock's seen better days, but I'll wager we can tie up there.", but the text says, "There - That's Devilfish Hollow.". Her voiceover doesn't say "There - That's Devilfish Hollow.".

Those are the dialogue errors I've encountered right now. Some have remained in such a long time. Hope you can fix them soon.

Thanks!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ok, I got more quest dialogue errors on your way, KI.

• During the instance quest in Talos, "Cut your Colossus", Gracie Conrad's voiceover in her line says, "Look at these indentations on the door - the way they're arranged, it looks like they act as a keyhole.", however, the text says, "Look at these indentations of the door...", so the text is inaccurate to her line's voiceover.

• During the instance quest in Ancient Antechamber in Ancient Tunnels, "Tomb of Traitors", Sergeant Seger's voiceover in his line says, "Me an' the lads, they promised they's not eat us if we helped 'em. I delivered messages to a Shark, Thresher - he works for the leader.", but the text inaccurately says, "...I delivered messages to a Shark, a Thresher...". Seger's voiceover in his line doesn't say "...a Thresher...". I heard it without the sounds myself. True.

• During the instance quest in Hydra Cave, "Hydra-Phobia", Ratbeard's voiceover in his line says, "Confound it, the Ebon Head's sunk back in the lake! Get back here an' face me, ye scaly coward!", however, the text in his line says, "...the Black Ebon Head's sunk back in the lake!". Ratbeard's voiceover doesn't say the Black Ebon Head...". & Bonnie Anne's voiceover in her line says, "Look! There's the Ebon Head - get it, quick!", however, the text says, "Look! There's the Black Ebon Head - get it, quick!". Her voiceover doesn't say "There's the Black Ebon Head...", too, during the battle with the Hydra boss.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
I found more typo errors now.

• During "V for Vulpine", Molly Anne's voiceover in her lines said, "The Radicals, they're on the move! Word is, they've left Albion and were going to bring the Troubles here, to the Isle of Dogs. But, there's more...", however, the text says, "...they've left Albion and are doing to bring the Troubles here...", & "It'll mean more trouble for me to tell you, but how can I deny family? Go to the tavern in Undertown, in the sewers. Find Smiling Shane - he'll know", but the text says, "Find Smiling Shayne...". These needs fixing.

• During "Humbug!", Trader Nick's voiceover in his line says, "They've taken Mr. Barks! We've had some trouble with the Amber Horde, but we made our way clear of them when the Pigs came - Ninja Pigs!", but the text says, "We'd had some trouble with the Amber Horde, but we'd made our way clear of them...". That needs fixing.

• During "The Verdict", Catbeard's voiceover in his line says, "You're back! Thank goodness. Meow, meow, meow, I was worried you've left me in this dreadful place! Oh, the horror! The horror!", but the text says, "...I was worried you'd left me...". That should be fixed.

• During "Those Chippy Fish", Ratbeard's voiceover in his line says, "But in Polaris, they just calls 'em Fries.", but the text says, "...they just call 'em Fries.". That needs fixing.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
Ok, I got more quest dialogue errors on your way, KI.

• During the instance quest in Talos, "Cut your Colossus", Gracie Conrad's voiceover in her line says, "Look at these indentations on the door - the way they're arranged, it looks like they act as a keyhole.", however, the text says, "Look at these indentations of the door...", so the text is inaccurate to her line's voiceover.

• During the instance quest in Ancient Antechamber in Ancient Tunnels, "Tomb of Traitors", Sergeant Seger's voiceover in his line says, "Me an' the lads, they promised they's not eat us if we helped 'em. I delivered messages to a Shark, Thresher - he works for the leader.", but the text inaccurately says, "...I delivered messages to a Shark, a Thresher...". Seger's voiceover in his line doesn't say "...a Thresher...". I heard it without the sounds myself. True.

• During the instance quest in Hydra Cave, "Hydra-Phobia", Ratbeard's voiceover in his line says, "Confound it, the Ebon Head's sunk back in the lake! Get back here an' face me, ye scaly coward!", however, the text in his line says, "...the Black Ebon Head's sunk back in the lake!". Ratbeard's voiceover doesn't say the Black Ebon Head...". & Bonnie Anne's voiceover in her line says, "Look! There's the Ebon Head - get it, quick!", however, the text says, "Look! There's the Black Ebon Head - get it, quick!". Her voiceover doesn't say "There's the Black Ebon Head...", too, during the battle with the Hydra boss.
In the Hydra Cave instance, I would like to point out that Black Ebon is a redundancy.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
How do you keep note of all these it makes me think that there are more than that, I'm shocked I have missed all of these

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Feb 15, 2016 wrote:
How do you keep note of all these it makes me think that there are more than that, I'm shocked I have missed all of these
There's still plenty out there. Many just didn't bother to keep looking more closely & hearing more clearer.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Some more errors found.

• During the quest, "Tomb of Kow Cheng", to Privateers who finished Emmett's recent promo quest, Moo Manchu's voiceover in his line says, "Fool! It is too late to stop me now! The Jade Jar of Kow Cheng has given me the power to command the Stone Guardians!", however, the text says, "Fool! It is far too late to stop me now!". He doesn't say that to Privateer Pirates. Plus, to everyone else, Old Scratch's voiceover in his line says, "Here them come! Bang that Gong!", however, the text says, "Here they come! Bang that Gong!". These should be fixed.

• During the quest, "Tales from the Crypt", Old Scratch's voiceover in his line says, "This will be enough, I think. Let us find him coffin, and Don Rafael will come. Let me work me Art.", however, the text says, "Let us find his coffin, and Don Rafael will come.". That needs fixing.

Wish we could have a thread to keep track of quest dialogue errors in the game. Hope that gets created one day.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
More errors found.

• Before accepting the quest, "Captain Blood's Treasure", Sabatini's voiceover in his line said, "You've got the Key. Go to the Motherlode Mine. You'll find Blood's treasure.", however, the text said, "You've got the Key. Go to the Motherlode Mine, and you'll find Blood's treasure.". He doesn't say "and" in his voiceover. That should be fixed. Plus, Old Scratch doesn't appear & the camera doesn't focus on him as he said his line, "Captain Blood be gone, my Captain, but, I an' I sense him evil still remain. On the way to the Mine, we must break him Ghost Ship Fleet.".

• Before accepting the quest, "Blood's Own Hand", Bonnie Anne's voiceover in her line says, "Back to Santo Pollo we go. Don Rodrigo will be eager to hear about this. Know what I mean?", however, the text says, "Back to Santo Pollo we go. Don Rodrigo will be eager to hear about all this. Know what I mean?". She doesn't say "about all this" in her voiceover, so that needs fixing. Also, she doesn't appear & the camera doesn't focus on her when she says her line, too.

Extra! Extra! I have an extra bug to report, too, one that was gone unnoticed post-Cool Ranch improvement updates, the one that involved great camera work improvement to it's numerous quests & cutscenes, both from main story & side quests in Sep 2014.

• During the quest, "Young Man in a Hurry", the camera doesn't focus on Captain Reynolds during our conversation with him as he says his line, "You've brought me Dr. Tam, and just in time. And who are you? A Pirate?". Just thought I would let you know.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
More typos found.

• After the quest, "Into the Volcano", ended as a Privateer, Emmett's voiceover in his line says, "It seems the villain's got a taste of his own medicine. Let's see what he has to say for himself.", but the text says, "It seems the villain got a taste of his own medicine.". That needs fixing.

• After the quest, "Roost Stop", ended as a Musketeer, Wing Chun's voiceover in his line says, "You found the Ring! Now, you must find the girl. What are you waiting for?", but the text says, "You must find the girl." That needs fixing.

• After the quest, "Treason's Greetings!", ended, Wing Chun's voiceover in his line says, "Too slow! Seger is gone! Now you must tell your friend Mordekai!", but the text says, "Now we must tell your friend Mordekai!". That should be fixed.

• During "Captain Gunn's Test" as a Musketeer, Louis Le Bisque's voiceover in his lines, "The Cannon, she is loaded, Captain! And in the barrel is a Note:", & "The treasure, where is it? Captain, we are deceived! RATBEARD!", but the text in these lines say, "Capitain". These needs fixing.

• During the quest, "Gunn's Gold" as a musketeer, Louis Le Bisque's voiceover in his line says "You are brave, my Captain. Brave and merciful. So be it - he sails with us. I will watch your back for you.", but the text says, "You are brave, my Capitain...". That should be fixed.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Discovered some more dialogue errors.

During, "Hello, Walls", as a Privateer, the companion recruit extra dialog from the Eagle Mercenary says, "Sky Captain! Your cunning helped end this war - truly, you are blessed by the Immortals! Let me lend my spear to your quest, and I shall be honored!", however, the text says, "Truly, are you blessed by the immortals!". That needs re-adjusting.

Grammar italic towards the word "Immortals" to capitalize the "I" in it.

Before doing, "A Call for Help", Admiral Doggett says, "So, we've been out marauding, have we? How many of Johnny Clockwork's ships have you scuttled then?", but the text says, "So, been marauding, have we?". That should be fixed. Been present since Book 15's launch.

Extra request!

Before accepting, "If Eye Had a Hammer", there is one dialog line that needs to be sliced out, now that the quest has a Puppet Show, & it's Philemon that says "Olympian Zeus transformed Minos' son into the Minotaur: immortal, invulnerable, and consumed with hate for all that lives.", but there's no need to hear that, now that the same line's been moved to the Puppet Show. KI, hear this one.