Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Missing Boss Chests

AuthorMessage
Community Leader
Just as a note - when I say boss chest, I mean the one "dropped" by the boss in the battle. When I talk about crowns chests, I call them second chance chests.

Recently, I was farming Bishop with a friend, and we finished the battle with him to find only regular chests. This WAS only the first incarnation in the Main Battery Hold, but if I remember correctly, he was supposed to drop his gear there as well. No boss chest.

I thought maybe I had just missed it. Until I was farming Red Fox not long after, and one battle produced no boss chest either - going back out and redoing the instance would leave me one, but for whatever reason, the one run resulted in none.

As you can imagine, farming a long dungeon to receive no reward can be most unpleasant, especially, I assume, if I'd not been so lucky as to have crowns for the second chance chest.

I am wondering if this is related to the other problem with chests. As I'm sure you're aware, we sometimes fight four enemies and get three chests, or three enemies and get two chests. Could it be that the random chest removed from the fight happened to be the boss chest in both of these instances?

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/
Captain
May 16, 2011
Swordroll on Feb 15, 2014 wrote:
Just as a note - when I say boss chest, I mean the one "dropped" by the boss in the battle. When I talk about crowns chests, I call them second chance chests.

Recently, I was farming Bishop with a friend, and we finished the battle with him to find only regular chests. This WAS only the first incarnation in the Main Battery Hold, but if I remember correctly, he was supposed to drop his gear there as well. No boss chest.

I thought maybe I had just missed it. Until I was farming Red Fox not long after, and one battle produced no boss chest either - going back out and redoing the instance would leave me one, but for whatever reason, the one run resulted in none.

As you can imagine, farming a long dungeon to receive no reward can be most unpleasant, especially, I assume, if I'd not been so lucky as to have crowns for the second chance chest.

I am wondering if this is related to the other problem with chests. As I'm sure you're aware, we sometimes fight four enemies and get three chests, or three enemies and get two chests. Could it be that the random chest removed from the fight happened to be the boss chest in both of these instances?
That does seem displeasing, but I wouldn't say you got NO reward. Look on the bright side, think of all the money you received from those fights!

Maybe you missed both of them. Or, it could be a glitch.

Cheers!

Petty Officer
Sep 24, 2013
Yes, I believe it's related to this thread on Central. According to One Eyed Jack, the minions and the boss chest get pooled together so you don't miss the chance of getting loot (gold as well). But I'm still wondering if we miss a draw and thus, making it a larger pool, diminishing our chances of getting something good.

Anyways, if you don't want to take that risk, I'd suggest defeating the boss last and making sure they don't go down in a minion's final resting place.

Community Leader
On the subject of chests, I should also note that the last Rooke fight is glitching and choosing companions for you, and only shows the second chance chest for the first person in the battle.

Swordroll's Blog
https://www.swordroll.com/