Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Major Musketeer Problem!

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Apr 03, 2011
KingsIsle,

With the new updates just released to the test realm, you have made the level 60 Musketeer power, Tempest of Torpedoes, exactly the same as the level 50 musketeer power, Hail of Cannonballs.

Because you have removed the knockback from Tempest of Torpedoes, now both Hail of Cannonballs and Tempest of Torpedoes only have the ability of '+50% Damage; scatters bomb traps'.

My question is this. Is this a mistake? Because you have severely damaged a great musketeer power, and now there is no worth in reaching level 60 and obtaining this power. This has been discussed briefly over at Pirate101 Central, with all most pirates agreeing that this should be changed.

-Brave Brianna Noble

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
BriannaLoF on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
KingsIsle,

With the new updates just released to the test realm, you have made the level 60 Musketeer power, Tempest of Torpedoes, exactly the same as the level 50 musketeer power, Hail of Cannonballs.

Because you have removed the knockback from Tempest of Torpedoes, now both Hail of Cannonballs and Tempest of Torpedoes only have the ability of '+50% Damage; scatters bomb traps'.

My question is this. Is this a mistake? Because you have severely damaged a great musketeer power, and now there is no worth in reaching level 60 and obtaining this power. This has been discussed briefly over at Pirate101 Central, with all most pirates agreeing that this should be changed.

-Brave Brianna Noble
Well, no its not a mistake at all. first of all, Ki is probably or maybe going to give something to this power to increase its worth, like causing the bombs to reduce movement by 1 or something. second of all, it is not worthless at all, its a whole nother set of bombs to add to your previous 2 and they alone are very powerful. think of it like this, if there was a hail of cannon balls drop, would you want it? and the drop doesn't take up the space of one of your other drops (if you have drops).

Nonetheless, hail of cannon balls was very overpowered, and i think i can say this as a fact, not opinion; my brother, a very powerful musketeer, dropped his tempest of torpedoes on another lvl 65 and killed them all. from full life. does that sound reasonable? both at lvl 65 he could kill a whole team because he landed a mega hit with the bombs. the bombs are this powerful because they are bugged, and i think this is how it works. when you drop the bombs, they will knock the enemy around, but the bombs also land, and so its like this: you drop bombs on someone, and the get knocked into another bomb, but the bomb that knocked them into the other bomb did not go away, and so you keep getting knocked around and blowing up in forever lasting bombs and if it so happens, you will stay in the 9 squares and keep getting blown around until you die.

Lastly,
This tempest of torpedoes knock back is just like the reckless frenzy bug that keeps you killing after you die and then delete everything you once hit with the frenzy. only difference is, it is easier to escape reckless, its easier to make the bug work with reckless, and there is a penalty with using the bug; which is that know you are dead.

This was hardly a power, it was much more of a horribly unfair bug. i am very glad Ki removed it and it shouldnt be added back. musketeers are a very consistent and powerful class and they don't need cheats to add to it. innumerable people are sick and tired of doing pvp with musketeers because they set up traps, bombard them self, and stay on the far end of the battle field were no one can reach them, it is infuriating and so many people i have came across simply say, they do not battle musketeers. which is understand able, the knock back bug only makes this worse and i think there are more people ( who have musketeers too) who are happier with it gone than for it to stay. still, the bombs are far from worthless and there is still great reward for reaching lvl 60 on a musketeer.

Xavier.

Administrator
BriannaLoF on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
KingsIsle,

-Brave Brianna Noble
Hi! I just wanted to let you know I've posted a clarification to the Update Notes, which reads as follows: "Fixing the knockback turns out to be trickier than expected, so rather than leave the power in a state that caused glitches and frustration in PVP, we've temporarily removed the knockback until we can implement a thorough fix."

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
Hi! I just wanted to let you know I've posted a clarification to the Update Notes, which reads as follows: "Fixing the knockback turns out to be trickier than expected, so rather than leave the power in a state that caused glitches and frustration in PVP, we've temporarily removed the knockback until we can implement a thorough fix."
My thoughts exactly, so you and other muskets will eventually genst back your more powerful bombs, and the rest of us dont have to suffer from bugging and glitches. everybody wins.

Thanks for Clarification Jack

Ensign
Apr 03, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Dec 6, 2013 wrote:
Thanks Jack, good to know that that's what's being done!

Xavier, I'm well aware of the reason of why TT was removed. I simply was inquiring as to why the knockback was completely removed opposed to simply being fixed (which One-Eyed Jack has clarified; thanks). Besides, it's not as if TT is the only overpowered skill in this game! If you use a skill correctly, it can be just as (or more) powerful than TT (e.g. charm, reckless, double crit buff, etc).

Bosun
Jan 02, 2012
Commander Emmet, the Otter pistoleer lost a space of range in the upgrade too.

Ensign
Sep 13, 2009
Row4n412 on Dec 7, 2013 wrote:
Commander Emmet, the Otter pistoleer lost a space of range in the upgrade too.
Really? They were supposed to improve him not weaken him. Maybe that's part of him changing from musketeer to privateer. Take one point of musketeer range and add one privateer power. I'd report it as a bug though just to be safe.