Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Major glitch out!

AuthorMessage
Captain
Mar 09, 2011
Hey, One-eyed Jack -- I had one of my 'major glitch-out's this afternoon and I'm not sure how to report it. Should I do it in The Bilge Pumps, or somewhere else? My friend and I were entering Subata Skyway on my main character, a level 26 swashbuckler. My desktop is a dinosaur and it has loading issues, so it could hardly take it when both Boochbeard and Gandry and a samurai dude told me that I couldn't enter Subata Skyway, and when I did I glitched out so badly that I stayed frozen there standing shipless on a purple sky for several minutes until it logged me off and put me in Character Selection. After that, it won't let me log onto that character. It would load for several minutes saying 'Please wait, verifying character' and then my computer will make the funny sound that it does when its loading, then it says 'Your character is unable to enter the game. Please quit and try again.'. Oddly enough, it only happens on that character and Pirate101 works perfectly normally for my other characters. It's making me a little upset, because I've spent a lot of time and money on that character and I really don't want to lose her. What should I do?

Ensign
Jul 01, 2009
This has happened to me in the last few days. I have had to contact support twice. The first time they were able to reset my character after 24 hours. Unfortunately, he locked up again a few days later. About 24 hours after sending my report, KI sent me an email saying that they had unlocked my character, but it didn't work. Last night I had to send another report, this time with a captain's log and a dx diag. I am hoping to hear from them today or tomorrow. KI has been very quick to respond to my situation, and I know it will be resolved soon. :)

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
I bet if you contact customer support using the orange question mark above, that they will be able to reset your pirate. I hear One-Eyed Jack suggest that a lot. It's worth a shot . They are a great team and have always been able to help me whenever I contact them. They are really on the ball and you can trust that they will contact you.

Ensign
Jul 01, 2009
Black Pearl on Aug 13, 2013 wrote:
This has happened to me in the last few days. I have had to contact support twice. The first time they were able to reset my character after 24 hours. Unfortunately, he locked up again a few days later. About 24 hours after sending my report, KI sent me an email saying that they had unlocked my character, but it didn't work. Last night I had to send another report, this time with a captain's log and a dx diag. I am hoping to hear from them today or tomorrow. KI has been very quick to respond to my situation, and I know it will be resolved soon. :)
Unfortunately, this glitched out again for me after the latest fix by KI (after I sent my dx diag and captain's log) I was very hopeful that it was finally fixed, since this time they had those files. My character was playable for about a day and a half, but sadly, got stuck again. I have sent yet ANOTHER ticket to support. I know they are really trying, but I sure hope they can get to the bottom of this soon. I miss my pirate.