Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Main attack triggering on blank spaces

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 28, 2012
I have noticed a few times that if the target enemy dies on a unit's turn before their main attack happens, they will proceed to attack the blank space where the enemy was. For instance, if they First Strike me and vengeance strike kills them, my main attack will happen on the blank space whether its a skill or not.

This bug happens on both main characters and companions, and (appears) to happen every time this situation arises.

Gunner's Mate
Jan 06, 2011
Greatbob1 on Jan 25, 2013 wrote:
I have noticed a few times that if the target enemy dies on a unit's turn before their main attack happens, they will proceed to attack the blank space where the enemy was. For instance, if they First Strike me and vengeance strike kills them, my main attack will happen on the blank space whether its a skill or not.

This bug happens on both main characters and companions, and (appears) to happen every time this situation arises.
I'm pretty sure this is intentional, even if it does look weird. It happens because (using your example) the first strike would not have happened if you didn't do your initial ordered attack. Without the first strike you wouldn't have done the vengeance.
It is also there to make sure that epics and abilities are counted as used (e.g. if you used a critical card to attack or a ripost triggered the first strike).

The only epic that doesn't cause this is flanking, since that is a bonus attack that is not necessarily against the one you are attacking.