Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Kobe Yojimbo's First Promotion(Cave of Thorns

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Mar 15, 2011
I can't get into the Cave of Thorns to get the Steel Ingots for Kobe Yojimbo's 1st Promotion. I go to the entrance of the Cave, the title of the cave flashes up and no entry.

Administrator
You'll want to contact support@pirate101.com if this problem persists. When you contact them, please provide as much detail as possible:

1. Confirm username (which account are you playing)
2. What area were you trying to access when this happened?
3. What time (approximately) was it?
4. Please attach game logs for further review (see below for more instructions).
5. Are you still having this trouble? If not, what occurred?

Instructions for sending game logs:
Use your email service to add an attachment. Drill down to the Pirate101 Folder then to the Bin Folder and the Log Folder then select "Captain_XXX.Log" (the highest numbered one or the most recently dated). Then just hit send!

If this is too large for your email server to attach or send, then open the game folder, go to the the bin folder again and locate the Captain.log. Right click on the log file and select Save as Zip (or similar wording - will vary depending on your specific operating system). Then, go back to your email and attach the newly zipped Captain.log.zip file.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Apr 26, 2012
I am on the quest to promote Kobe and cant get into the cave of thorns which means that I cant promote Kobe so can you fix this please KingsIsle?

Ensign
Mar 07, 2009
Help! It wont let me in the cave of thorns, can someone help and we can meet there, you can go in and ill teleport to you!

Ensign
Oct 19, 2012
I have been Having trouble Promoting Kobe (Bull Ronin Companion), I can't enter the cave of thorns, I try relogging and I try switching realms nothing works. Please Help.

Lieutenant
Feb 01, 2011
Same thing here...I can't get into the Cave of Thorns.

Captain
May 02, 2009
wouldn't that also mean that Subodai's promotion is bugged to?

Captain
May 02, 2009
Balance4all on Feb 28, 2013 wrote:
I can't get into the Cave of Thorns to get the Steel Ingots for Kobe Yojimbo's 1st Promotion. I go to the entrance of the Cave, the title of the cave flashes up and no entry.
wouldn't this mean that Subodai's promotion is bugged to?

Ensign
Mar 15, 2011
coolster50 on Mar 4, 2013 wrote:
wouldn't this mean that Subodai's promotion is bugged to?
I think it sort of is. The difference with Subodai is that it eventually lets you in to the cave. I don't know why. I experienced the same thing on my Swashbuckler: Couldn't get in right away. Then after leveling Swash up, doing a few main quests, a level or a couple levels later, it let me in to the Cave of Thorns to continue promoting Subodai.

Not so with my Buccaneer and Kobe. No amount of leveling/questing will get me in there.

This is also FYI for One-Eyed Jack or anybody else on staff relevant who might see this: I forgot to tell you that for this "Steel the One" promotion quest I have no traditional quest arrow that points anywhere. Instead I have the gold navigation compass symbol with a question mark in the middle. That seems relevant.

Administrator
We believe we have identified the bugs to both issues noted here (being unable to enter the Cave of Thorns and the lack of a Quest Arrow), and we'll be working to fix both issues!

Ensign
Feb 02, 2009
I have had the same problem, just today. I hope they can fix it soon

Clever Justin Sharp15

Administrator
Last night's update fixed this bug. Please provide me with feedback if you're still having issues.