Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Jump Delay, will it be fixed?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Oct 24, 2012
Ever since the beginning of Pirate101 there's been a delay when you press the jump button. You press it, it takes 1-2 seconds and then it jumps, unlike Wiz where it jumps instantly. this is a little annoying and I was wondering if it will ever be fixed?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Leicrex on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
Ever since the beginning of Pirate101 there's been a delay when you press the jump button. You press it, it takes 1-2 seconds and then it jumps, unlike Wiz where it jumps instantly. this is a little annoying and I was wondering if it will ever be fixed?
Why is this a problem? It doesn't affect anything in game play or battle.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Leicrex on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
If you look closely you can see the character squat very slightly and then spring up. If it's not that then it might just be your computer.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2012
anecorbie on Jan 11, 2017 wrote:
Why is this a problem? It doesn't affect anything in game play or battle.
It's the little things that count. Especially on my clockwork horse mount, i want to hear the noise it makes when I press the button, not 2 seconds after, Lol.

Ensign
Oct 24, 2012
Pirate101 fan on Jan 12, 2017 wrote:
If you look closely you can see the character squat very slightly and then spring up. If it's not that then it might just be your computer.
you're right, it probably is just my computer. Wish I could afford a good one

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Gotta agree, I don't have an amazing computer and on my main pirate I use the Valencian Steed

Anecorbie- "It doesn't effect anything in gameplay or battle."

Personally the 2 second delay affects my battle, Leicrex's request is a simple one which only offers benefits to the community

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
Gotta agree, I don't have an amazing computer and on my main pirate I use the Valencian Steed

Anecorbie- "It doesn't effect anything in gameplay or battle."

Personally the 2 second delay affects my battle, Leicrex's request is a simple one which only offers benefits to the community
If this is the result of your computer, how is KI supposed to "fix" that? I'm just saying there are more important bugs that need to be fixed than an animation which isn't used in battle.
And how does making your Valencian Steed "jump" affect battle?

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 13, 2017 wrote:
If this is the result of your computer, how is KI supposed to "fix" that? I'm just saying there are more important bugs that need to be fixed than an animation which isn't used in battle.
And how does making your Valencian Steed "jump" affect battle?
We don't really know if its the result of a poor computer but I have seen this game played on 3 Computers and 1 Laptop and they all have this delay so I would rule it out as a problem with poor computer performance

I purposely underlined gameplay from your post because this, well, affects gameplay. It can sometimes be an annoyance which could possibly be a quick fix for a new update