Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

item received not put in backpack

AuthorMessage
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Hi, this is not a serious problem, only a little disappointing (and odd)... there I was, fighting Cadmus and he nicely dropped a piece of equipment (Olympian ringlet). I already had one, and it was equipped. I wanted to sell the new one (to get gold for house furnishings, you understand ) but found that it did not enter my backpack. The backpack was not full, and I logged off the character and logged back on, but, nope, the item disappeared. I wonder if already having an identical item equipped confused the program?

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Umm, Anne did you check all compartments of your backpack, the housing and ship equipment sections count towards the same item count as the item sections. The section that dropped items go into in your backpack may not be full, but if the housing or Ship equipment section is full, then you will still not pick up new dropped items.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
CdeWinter on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Umm, Anne did you check all compartments of your backpack, the housing and ship equipment sections count towards the same item count as the item sections. The section that dropped items go into in your backpack may not be full, but if the housing or Ship equipment section is full, then you will still not pick up new dropped items.
Good point, Scarlet, but yes, they are not full, and I did successfully get a drop from the same character when I played the next day.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
CdeWinter on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
I think it is all the same limit. If say your limit is 100 then you do not get 300, 100 clothing, 100 ship & 100 housing. Unfortunately all you get is that original 100. I used 100 as an example because I know it is different whether you are a crowns player or subscribed.

Administrator
We've been unable to reproduce this bug. Any additional information would be helpful, and if you manage to get any screenshots of the in-game notifications the next time this happens, please provide it along with character name and approximate date and time it occurred. Send all information to community@pirate101.com.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
Thank you, Jack, I appreciate your help. It wasn't a big deal, just an oddity, and only seemed to happen with that one item.

Virtuous Anne Radcliffe