Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

I can't stitch weapons.

AuthorMessage
Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
I can't switch my two twin blades with another sword.

Sneaky Jonathan Lv31

Administrator
Hi! Can you post the exact names of the weapons you were trying to stitch? Please note that although Eloise is good at what she does, she will not stitch weapons of conflicting types to each other.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Oh yea, yo Jack, me and my bro's noticed something, when you stitch weapons to another set of weapons (especially if one of the weapons is weaker) it will totally wreck your damage; i stitched my weapons i received after... i cant remember when i got them but they name "Matched Kurkis", i stiched them to the "Wicked Blades" that swashbuckler receive at lvl 5, i then went into battle with them i noticed i was hiting less with mi blows, or pokes lol.

anyway but the thing that really showed me was that i dodged and riposted, hitting 144, now this is impossibe, see my minimum damage is 210 and my max is 302 i think, and you know that riposte hits more damage, there is no way i can riposte and hit 144 even if i hit my BOTTOM damage, abnd when you think about it, the wicked blades hit 20 - 32, with all the items i have adding damage to me, it makes perfect sense that if i were using the wicked blades my riposte would hit somewhere near 144, my bro's also notice their damage less some times, (i noticed one of them back stab and it hit about half of what it normally does, non critical, he was attacking a ghost, no armor and he is a buck)

plz look into this stuff thx!

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on May 22, 2013 wrote:
Hi! Can you post the exact names of the weapons you were trying to stitch? Please note that although Eloise is good at what she does, she will not stitch weapons of conflicting types to each other.
Swept-Hilt Rapier and Stegosaurus blades I think that's what the blades were called. I tried to use the Swept-Hilt Rapier because it looked awesome.

Bosun
Oct 15, 2012
Zlyxer on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Swept-Hilt Rapier and Stegosaurus blades I think that's what the blades were called. I tried to use the Swept-Hilt Rapier because it looked awesome.
if the swept hilt rapier is a shooty/slashy or a slashy, and the stegosuarus blades are stabby, or stabby slashy then you have your answer, only weapons that are the exact same type can be stiched, so whatever type the swept hilt rapier is (lets say its shooty/slashy) then it ONLY stitch to a shooty slashy weapon.

you see?

Administrator
Zlyxer on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Ahh, that would be the issue. The Swept-Hilt Rapier is a slashy weapon and the Stegosaur Set is a slashy/stabby weapon . . . thus making them incompatible to be stitched unfortunately.

Administrator
Speed Switch on May 22, 2013 wrote:
Oh yea, yo Jack, me and my bro's noticed something, when you stitch weapons to another set of weapons (especially if one of the weapons is weaker) it will totally wreck your damage; i stitched my weapons i received after... i cant remember when i got them but they name "Matched Kurkis", i stiched them to the "Wicked Blades" that swashbuckler receive at lvl 5, i then went into battle with them i noticed i was hiting less with mi blows, or pokes lol.

anyway but the thing that really showed me was that i dodged and riposted, hitting 144, now this is impossibe, see my minimum damage is 210 and my max is 302 i think, and you know that riposte hits more damage, there is no way i can riposte and hit 144 even if i hit my BOTTOM damage, abnd when you think about it, the wicked blades hit 20 - 32, with all the items i have adding damage to me, it makes perfect sense that if i were using the wicked blades my riposte would hit somewhere near 144, my bro's also notice their damage less some times, (i noticed one of them back stab and it hit about half of what it normally does, non critical, he was attacking a ghost, no armor and he is a buck)

plz look into this stuff thx!
Could it be that you accidentally stitched the stats of your Wicked Blades instead of the Matched Kurkis? Could you mouse over your stats on your weapon and let me know what they say?

Thanks!

Lieutenant
Aug 01, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on May 24, 2013 wrote:
Ahh, that would be the issue. The Swept-Hilt Rapier is a slashy weapon and the Stegosaur Set is a slashy/stabby weapon . . . thus making them incompatible to be stitched unfortunately.
Sorry for wasting your time I thought Slashy/Stabby were the same thing. Thanks for helping though.