Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hydra's Ebon head update?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
May 07, 2011
I don't really want to open another topic about this, but the one with the most info has been closed (rightfully so, I suppose). Anyway, I guess I'm just interested in the progress--if any has been made--regarding the Hydra's Ebon head problem. A friend and I just experienced this first hand, and we were none too impressed. However, the most recent update was from almost 6 months ago, but I haven't seen anything else posted from KI since then (though I admit I could have missed it--lots of posts abound here).

So, yeah, this detestable bug is still around, causing discourse and strife (maybe you guys should nickname the Hydra, or its glitch, Eris?), though I've only just encountered it for the first time (as I managed to get through the encounter just fine on another character before).

Administrator
No progress has been made, unfortunately.

Sorry for the troubles. If you are unable to progress past this encounter due to the bug, please contact support@pirate101.com for more assistance.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:

Sorry for the troubles. If you are unable to progress past this encounter due to the bug, please contact support@pirate101.com for more assistance.
Hi there, Jack- great to see you on the boards again!

I had a question for either you or Ratbeard, concerning the Ebon, or more appropriately, unique drops from the Ebon. I know that if players are stuck or unable to progress in the story line because of the Hydra, because of it's many bugs, support can offer up assistance to possibly help them move forward. My question is in regards to players that may wish to farm Ebon for his/her Blighted Fangs, Caustic Fangs, Igneous Fangs and Voltaic Fangs, and may encounter these bugs over and over.

Would it be possible to allow or add these unique items to another Aquilan boss's loot table just for the sake of farming for the gear, maybe at least until the bugs have been tracked down and exterminated. Or perhaps is there another boss that does drop these. I've heard rumors that Scylla does as well (at least one variety of the Fangs) but haven't actually seen any confirmation of this on the forums and/or in the wiki....just players stating they got them from Scylla without any screenshot proof. If Ebon happens to be the only boss that drops these unique items and seeing as there are many bugs that at any given moment can spoil a farming run-- would it be possible to 'open up' another boss for farming of these items?

Just a curiosity as to whether it was a possibility. Again great to 'hear' from you and thanks a ton for any reply, info or input.

Lieutenant
Oct 21, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jun 4, 2015 wrote:

I had problems with this too but what I noticed is ebon glitches only if I used blood flames, after four tries using blood flames -I didn't use it one time cause it didn't show- surprisingly ebon reappeared, I battled four more times (For Fangs) and each time it didn't bug, I got a fang! I don't know if its the same situation or just a different bug but blood flames have something to do with it.

Admiral
Jul 07, 2013
I also encountered a bug in this fight where I can't move. Not just ebon head but I couldn't target anything for a few rounds. On the grid it would be marked to be attacked by me and the crew but when I pressed done the dots were removed and nothing happened.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
DuranteRamses87 on Jun 8, 2015 wrote:
I also encountered a bug in this fight where I can't move. Not just ebon head but I couldn't target anything for a few rounds. On the grid it would be marked to be attacked by me and the crew but when I pressed done the dots were removed and nothing happened.

Virtuous Dante Ramsey
Maybe you should let the timer expire and see what happens?

Ensign
May 07, 2011
I don't know if this has anything to do with the glitch, but my friend and I were attempting this quest on (the realm) Catbeard. I figured, "Why not try another?" and moved to (the realm) Avery, began the fight, and we both managed to get through it without any problems. The Ebon head appeared, we fought it off, and completely the encounter without any sort of issue.

Again, I don't know if there's anything to what we did--if it was because it was a different day, a different realm--or something else, but I thought I'd at least share that to see if it helps with the collection of information as well as giving anyone else who encounters trouble a potential work around.

Admiral
Jul 27, 2012
I've fought the hydra a number of times, but today I had a new and interesting problem on top of the usual one. When I went into the instance, Argus did not pop up and say 'Behold the Hydra', and this absence often signals the presence of the glitch, but I ran it anyway. While the ebon head was down the first time, under the water he attacked one of my companions (and killed him!). This was before I managed to destroy all three amethyst, scarlet, and cobalt heads. When the ebon head emerged, he was not targetable (the usual glitch).

I fled, then used the 'back to dungeon' button to try again. This time I was unable to target the ebon head to attack him, though he appeared on the grid. That was when I decided to quit fighting him until another time!

That being said, when the glitch does not appear the hydra is an excellent fight, probably my favorite in Aquila.

Captain
Feb 11, 2010
I hate this hydra bug. It's the reason why I can't get past it on my musketeer.