Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hydra Ebon Head

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 07, 2009
I'm very sad to report that my musketeer still cannot complete the battle with the Hydra. I was hopeful that he would be able to get it done after the update. My witchdocter character had no problem with this battle.

The ebon head came up out of the water after disappearing the first time, and was not attackable, just like before the update on this character. El Toro was standing right next to where he re-appeared (El Toro was standing to the southwest one square from the ebon head), and the ebon head did not show up on the battle board. Curiously, he should have been able to move into the square right above where he was standing (one square west of the ebon head), but he could not move there. It was like the game thought the ebon head was occupying that square, perhaps.

Anyway, it is too much of a pain to keep trying to see if he can get it done, since companions get put on bedrest even when they aren't completely defeated. It's too bad because I wanted to see if using mostly musketeers would make the battle easier.

I've submitted a bug report and asked to be advanced past the hydra battle.

Admiral
Nov 23, 2011
My musketeer had to be helped past it as well (prior to the update). Hopefully, they have at least zeroed in more closely on the problem.

-Indigo

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2015
Weird. I've had the reverse of what you experiwnced. After I got to the point where ebon popped back into the literal sea of dragon heads I can only get him to a certain amount of health before the fight just ends abrubtly without the ebon head even dying. Not sure if that's supposed to happen or not.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
Looks like no one reported the new bug yet?

Seems like Hydra and its head level are bugged, they reach unreasonable amount and players can get several levels per fight.

Central bug section has screenshots.

Administrator
Silver Angel on Oct 17, 2016 wrote:
Looks like no one reported the new bug yet?

Seems like Hydra and its head level are bugged, they reach unreasonable amount and players can get several levels per fight.

Central bug section has screenshots.
Oh it was reported. We were just trying to keep it under wraps as much as we could to avoid exploiting.

We'll be taking action to mitigate the effects in the near future. The fix implemented from early this morning was step 1.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Dec 28, 2015
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:
Oh it was reported. We were just trying to keep it under wraps as much as we could to avoid exploiting.

We'll be taking action to mitigate the effects in the near future. The fix implemented from early this morning was step 1.
Ah, I was wondering why my bug report wasn't published. As I stated when I wrote my post on here regarding the XP bug, I accidentally discovered the bug on my Witchdoctor, does this mean that I will be reverted back to level 65 once you take further steps to mitigate the effects? I would like to know before I continue questing as to ensure that I have enough XP left from storyline quests to legitimately reach level 70.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
One-Eyed Jack on Oct 18, 2016 wrote:

My bad, better safe than sorry huh...

Ensign
Dec 09, 2015
My friend told me to port with my pirates to help him with hydra. I was a little upset when I got level 70 cause I wanted to do low level pvp as I leveled, and because I wanted to do it legit and quested after, my pirate did not get the XP from Mooshu or Marleybone when the pirates were reset to the level prior the glitch.