Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Hydra chest?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
I saw where several people had complained about the Hydra quest in the past but not recently. It was a long battle, tedious but that was fun. Lost my companions. Hired several henchmen so I wouldn't have to start over. Luckily cause I too got knocked out. The Ebon head when it did appear was often out of range. The really annoying part was after all that, I got one chest with a Molten Lava Cake. That is a level 2 snack. No loot, no gold, just a level 2 pet snack.

You really ought to raise the payout on this drop. I felt a bit insulted.

Thank you for your consideration.

Developer
the wanderer on Jun 3, 2014 wrote:
I saw where several people had complained about the Hydra quest in the past but not recently. It was a long battle, tedious but that was fun. Lost my companions. Hired several henchmen so I wouldn't have to start over. Luckily cause I too got knocked out. The Ebon head when it did appear was often out of range. The really annoying part was after all that, I got one chest with a Molten Lava Cake. That is a level 2 snack. No loot, no gold, just a level 2 pet snack.

You really ought to raise the payout on this drop. I felt a bit insulted.

Thank you for your consideration.
I just beat this fight myself on the Live service yesterday. (My first time beating it in the game as opposed to internal testing.)

And you're right! I got bupkis!

"Who set up this loot table!?" I hollered. "Why, this is an outrage!"

And then I remembered it was me.

I'll visit the hydra den and make that encounter a little more generous.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
I just beat this fight myself on the Live service yesterday. (My first time beating it in the game as opposed to internal testing.)

Just hope that monster drops reasonably good loot, such as higher ranked pet snacks, like many higher level bosses & enemies should.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013

YESSSSS!!! and SWEEEEEETTTT!!! Now I can finally get rid of that itch to take on farming Ebon again.....looks like no more HYDRA-cortizone for me!

Ensign
Jun 18, 2009
Thank you Ratbeard. You guys have done a great job with this game. I enjoy it greatly, but just thought that that was wrong.

Commodore
Feb 02, 2013

Its this humor which makes KI one of my favorite companies

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009

Adding on to loot tables, there are some bosses whom previously dropped single pieces of gear, which I was okay with. Now, they only drop single drops of snacks most of the time. It does get frustrating, and the snack drops are far from important especially with the new advanced companions allowing us to receive pet snacks anyways. Unless the snacks they drop are like extra extra rare ( Like those glasses of Bishop, curse you loot chance ), I feel they should drop alongside a gear drop a lot more often, if not all the time if the loot table happens to roll the dice on a pet snack. ( That's how I see it )

And this is a long shot but...

Do you guys put percentages in how likely the "dice" will "roll" on an item?

IE: Those darn Blades of Shade have .000000000000000001% of being rolled on the "Loot Dice". Or is it entirely different?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
ValkoorTheVictorio... on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
YESSSSS!!! and SWEEEEEETTTT!!! Now I can finally get rid of that itch to take on farming Ebon again.....looks like no more HYDRA-cortizone for me!
*Snort snickering again* Valkoor I just LOVE how you can come out of NOWHERE and insert your slapschtick to surprise me with another magnificent punfest.

Developer
Trimond297 on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
Just hope that monster drops reasonably good loot, such as higher ranked pet snacks, like many higher level bosses & enemies should.
Actually, higher level bosses don't need to drop higher level snacks.

There's no correlation between boss level and snack level.

Gunner's Mate
Sep 28, 2009
Gruesome Richard on Jun 4, 2014 wrote:
Adding on to loot tables, there are some bosses whom previously dropped single pieces of gear, which I was okay with. Now, they only drop single drops of snacks most of the time. It does get frustrating, and the snack drops are far from important especially with the new advanced companions allowing us to receive pet snacks anyways. Unless the snacks they drop are like extra extra rare ( Like those glasses of Bishop, curse you loot chance ), I feel they should drop alongside a gear drop a lot more often, if not all the time if the loot table happens to roll the dice on a pet snack. ( That's how I see it )

And this is a long shot but...

Do you guys put percentages in how likely the "dice" will "roll" on an item?

IE: Those darn Blades of Shade have .000000000000000001% of being rolled on the "Loot Dice". Or is it entirely different?
UPDATE:

Thanks Ratbeard for listening to my thoughts. It seems after posting this, I got my Blades of Shade today during my second fight with Cadmus. Sarcasm was included partially in that first sentence

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Gruesome Richard on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
UPDATE:

Thanks Ratbeard for listening to my thoughts. It seems after posting this, I got my Blades of Shade today during my second fight with Cadmus. Sarcasm was included partially in that first sentence
Well congratulations Richard...that's fantastic. Looks like your sheer determination and hard work paid off. I need some of that good fortune to bring my pirate that blasted Hykssoss Falchion that has eluded me thus far. I will press on in good faith knowing that another fellow pirate was just rewarded for his diligence.

Again, Congrats on finally getting those Blades.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ratbeard on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Actually, higher level bosses don't need to drop higher level snacks.

There's no correlation between boss level and snack level.
Oh. You're right. I understand. Had my thoughts, but, I understand.