Follow important game updates on Twitter @Pirate101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

Hats are not Anchors

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Sep 04, 2018
98
It just makes it look like the development staff doesn't play the game or keep up on it when the icons for many pirate hats uses the ship anchor icon rather than hat icons. Just go to the bazaar and sort through the hats and you will notice all the anchor icons.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9736
Takhethis on Jul 10, 2019 wrote:
It just makes it look like the development staff doesn't play the game or keep up on it when the icons for many pirate hats uses the ship anchor icon rather than hat icons. Just go to the bazaar and sort through the hats and you will notice all the anchor icons.
Anchors Aweigh!
Which hats specifically and where is this supposed "anchor icon"? All I saw in the bazaar was the pirate hook icon which indicates that the item is usable by all classes of pirates.

Petty Officer
Sep 04, 2018
98
anecorbie on Jul 11, 2019 wrote:
Anchors Aweigh!
Which hats specifically and where is this supposed "anchor icon"? All I saw in the bazaar was the pirate hook icon which indicates that the item is usable by all classes of pirates.
I see a whole lot of hats that view with anchor icons, I'm on a mac but I doubt that makes a difference.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9736
Takhethis on Jul 16, 2019 wrote:
I see a whole lot of hats that view with anchor icons, I'm on a mac but I doubt that makes a difference.
Name a specific hat and just where you see the anchor icon: I believe that you've mistaken the hook for an anchor.

Petty Officer
Sep 04, 2018
98
anecorbie on Jul 16, 2019 wrote:
Name a specific hat and just where you see the anchor icon: I believe that you've mistaken the hook for an anchor.
I just went to the bazaar and pulled up hats, there were a lot of hats in it with the ship anchor as its image.

One of the hats in question is called the "Academic Helmet" and "Helm of Theseus", as well as others, the ship anchor being displayed for all of them is the one used by the anchor "Ankyra Sidero".

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9736
Takhethis on Jul 17, 2019 wrote:
I just went to the bazaar and pulled up hats, there were a lot of hats in it with the ship anchor as its image.

One of the hats in question is called the "Academic Helmet" and "Helm of Theseus", as well as others, the ship anchor being displayed for all of them is the one used by the anchor "Ankyra Sidero".
I now think you are experiencing this as a bug on your end; the "Ankyra Sidero" is an anchor available in the bazaar in the ship equipment category, not clothes/gear equipment.
Obviously, the display of gear is messed up on your game. Gear is displayed properly on mine.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
1882
It must be a Mac thing, or your computer display, graphics card, driver, whatever -- because on my PC I see a hat icon for each and every hat in the Bazaar. Even the ones that take a second to load don't display an anchor, there is no icon until it is the appropriate hat.

It's not the game.


Petty Officer
Sep 04, 2018
98
Willowydream on Jul 18, 2019 wrote:
It must be a Mac thing, or your computer display, graphics card, driver, whatever -- because on my PC I see a hat icon for each and every hat in the Bazaar. Even the ones that take a second to load don't display an anchor, there is no icon until it is the appropriate hat.

It's not the game.

The situation has never corrected itself so on it maybe just on my end but it has to be on my end for a reason. That little bit of knowledge explains a lot. This game does not allow a person to download the entire thing all at once, instead it lets you download a little and as you play it the game patches itself until eventually you have everything downloaded that is in the game until more stuff is added. Now this creates a whole lot of problems as when you are doing dungeons and/or just playing with other people you notice that a whole lot of people crash a lot. There has to be a reason for that as well and if I'm seeing hat icons for items that have their own icon then that explains a lot as whatever was supposed to be downloaded for the hat icon image clearly was not and instead the game patched itself over to using an icon it already had downloaded that it should't have. If this is hte case with hat icons it also means that the chance of other game files being corrupted and never properly patched and fixed is high and when doing stuff in the game when the wrong players come around due to what they are using or whatever the game can outright crash. I always wondered why so many players crash in this game, and the reason that I now believe is that their game connection or internet connection or whatever must have been a bit unstable when files were being downloaded and were never fixed upon further play. That is a scary notion as it means even if one removes the game from their system and the entire thing reinstalls the moment a new area or item comes out if something doesn't initially load right all the problems will come right back and again never be fixed. I don't want to uninstall the entire game as there is no way to entirely install the thing all at once. It is a simple matter to install from scratch when I can start the installation when away and doing other stuff during the day but it is a major inconvenience to install a little bit of the game and then have bits and pieces install when I go to new areas and the like.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9736
Takhethis on Jul 26, 2019 wrote:
The situation has never corrected itself so on it maybe just on my end but it has to be on my end for a reason. That little bit of knowledge explains a lot. This game does not allow a person to download the entire thing all at once, instead it lets you download a little and as you play it the game patches itself until eventually you have everything downloaded that is in the game until more stuff is added. Now this creates a whole lot of problems as when you are doing dungeons and/or just playing with other people you notice that a whole lot of people crash a lot. There has to be a reason for that as well and if I'm seeing hat icons for items that have their own icon then that explains a lot as whatever was supposed to be downloaded for the hat icon image clearly was not and instead the game patched itself over to using an icon it already had downloaded that it should't have. If this is hte case with hat icons it also means that the chance of other game files being corrupted and never properly patched and fixed is high and when doing stuff in the game when the wrong players come around due to what they are using or whatever the game can outright crash. I always wondered why so many players crash in this game, and the reason that I now believe is that their game connection or internet connection or whatever must have been a bit unstable when files were being downloaded and were never fixed upon further play. That is a scary notion as it means even if one removes the game from their system and the entire thing reinstalls the moment a new area or item comes out if something doesn't initially load right all the problems will come right back and again never be fixed. I don't want to uninstall the entire game as there is no way to entirely install the thing all at once. It is a simple matter to install from scratch when I can start the installation when away and doing other stuff during the day but it is a major inconvenience to install a little bit of the game and then have bits and pieces install when I go to new areas and the like.
I wait until the game is fully loaded before I begin playing ( this is during times when the game has updated ). My game and connection are both very stable; there may be a little lag during peak play hours but its not terrible. I suggest that it's your computer/connection that is giving you problems. As such it's not KI's game that is at fault, have your computer checked for viruses and also check your router - it may need changing.

Petty Officer
Sep 04, 2018
98
anecorbie on Jul 30, 2019 wrote:
I wait until the game is fully loaded before I begin playing ( this is during times when the game has updated ). My game and connection are both very stable; there may be a little lag during peak play hours but its not terrible. I suggest that it's your computer/connection that is giving you problems. As such it's not KI's game that is at fault, have your computer checked for viruses and also check your router - it may need changing.
it isn't like those hats with anchor icons are moving around to other items or are sometimes hat icons and sometimes anchor icons. Either the hat icon was never properly installed for those hats or it was somehow deleted and the game has never fixed the error. That is not my computer, it is the game not updating whatever icons or files may be missing. If you are downloading parts of the game and your internet connect is a bit unstable or the game server is a bit unstable then that sort of thing could reasonable happen. If the game checks for corrupted or missing files then the game ought to auto correct whatever is missing or wrong.

Stop blaming me for stuff that is clearly due to the programming of the game. The problems I point out really irritate me and I believe to be real problems, you come along and post the game is perfect as it and its all my fault all the time, I assure you that if the game didn't do the stuff I write about then I would have had no reason to even write it out and post it. I understand you have your own opinions, but I am entitled to mine and mine without them being rewrote. What I write I actually mean.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9736
My suggestion that the problem is with your computer wasn't an attempt to pass blame. Yet you're doing the same thing by saying it's caused by poor programming. What is wrong about checking your computer to see if that's the problem? If it's not then you have at least removed the possibility and can then make a more clear report of the problem.