Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Glitchy Minotaur battle

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
This wasn't a game ender but it could have been...
Went into this instance with another pirate. We breezed through the first two sons with no problem but when we got to the third son the battle board got very glitchy for me. My ally had menu chat so I have no idea if he experienced the same issue but for three or four rounds the game didn't allow me to choose attacks during the attack set-up phase. It would freeze up on the isometric view of the field and occasionally go into a view of individuals squaring off against one another but the distances weren't right. Melee attacks seemed to be hitting from two or three squares away. My pirate and companions managed to stay alive until things went back to normal and I re-gained direct control over attack movements but for a while there I thought I was doomed. It acted in a similar fashion as it does when you're losing connection but I never did, and my internet connection indicator never changed.
Everything worked out in the end but this could have been even more frustrating and maddening than it was so I though it best to bring it to light for KI. I didn't scan the posts to see if anyone else has had this issue in the past because if they did, it's still happening.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
TucsonWizard on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
This wasn't a game ender but it could have been...
Went into this instance with another pirate. We breezed through the first two sons with no problem but when we got to the third son the battle board got very glitchy for me. My ally had menu chat so I have no idea if he experienced the same issue but for three or four rounds the game didn't allow me to choose attacks during the attack set-up phase. It would freeze up on the isometric view of the field and occasionally go into a view of individuals squaring off against one another but the distances weren't right. Melee attacks seemed to be hitting from two or three squares away. My pirate and companions managed to stay alive until things went back to normal and I re-gained direct control over attack movements but for a while there I thought I was doomed. It acted in a similar fashion as it does when you're losing connection but I never did, and my internet connection indicator never changed.
Everything worked out in the end but this could have been even more frustrating and maddening than it was so I though it best to bring it to light for KI. I didn't scan the posts to see if anyone else has had this issue in the past because if they did, it's still happening.
This has happened to me a few times in the Tower of Moo and always on Avery realm. It seems the more activity on a single server will cause problems in certain dungeons.

Gunner's Mate
Dec 26, 2013
anecorbie on Jun 13, 2016 wrote:
This has happened to me a few times in the Tower of Moo and always on Avery realm. It seems the more activity on a single server will cause problems in certain dungeons.
Ah ha! Well, like I said it worked out in the end. My main concern was I was afraid my co-battler (menu chat guy) wouldn't be able to understand I was still there... just unable to do anything for a while... and would bail on me.
Thanks for weighing in on it.