Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Ghost" friend requests

AuthorMessage
Admiral
May 30, 2010
Last night I was just hanging out at the docks at Skull Island before taking off to do some little Cool Ranch quests. I got a couple of friend requests that did not tell me the asker's name. I saw no one on the docks. Just the standard request statement with no one's name in it. I ported to Cooper's Roost and got another ghost request.

Could have been a connection lag or something, but as far as I could tell I was alone except for the standard NPCs on the dock.

Anyone else get these? And if you requested Oran to friend you last night and I didn't, I'm sorry, but I didn't see you or your name.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Fiorenza Rosanante... on Jan 9, 2016 wrote:
Last night I was just hanging out at the docks at Skull Island before taking off to do some little Cool Ranch quests. I got a couple of friend requests that did not tell me the asker's name. I saw no one on the docks. Just the standard request statement with no one's name in it. I ported to Cooper's Roost and got another ghost request.

Could have been a connection lag or something, but as far as I could tell I was alone except for the standard NPCs on the dock.

Anyone else get these? And if you requested Oran to friend you last night and I didn't, I'm sorry, but I didn't see you or your name.
This has happened to me ( sort of ). I got a friend request with no one is sight, my request had a name though. I accepted so I could ask him how he did it. This was the explanation: "It's the standard conversation request. "
This still confused me, as he was in Marleybone and I was in Skull Island.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 10, 2016 wrote:
This has happened to me ( sort of ). I got a friend request with no one is sight, my request had a name though. I accepted so I could ask him how he did it. This was the explanation: "It's the standard conversation request. "
This still confused me, as he was in Marleybone and I was in Skull Island.
I will explain

If you say something you can see it in the thing that you chat with so you just look up top and you may want to be friends with that person it doesn't require you to be near them

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
Lol, maybe the ghosts from Haunted Skyway were entering Cooper's Roost and trying to friend you.

Captain
Mar 24, 2013
That is spooky.

Maybe Dead Mike or SM Arson have send one of that friend request,lol.

Petty Officer
Sep 02, 2015
LoL! Maybe Captain Blood was trying to redeem himself by friending you

Admiral
May 30, 2010
narnialover1104 on Jan 16, 2016 wrote:
LoL! Maybe Captain Blood was trying to redeem himself by friending you
Wouldn't do him any good. As a pirate I'm obligated to thump him roundly until he gives me his coat.

Now, if he wants to be my friend and just lend me his coat for the rest of the game, we're good. I'll take his request.

Seriously, though, KI, somewhere there is a glitch that makes friend requests pop up with no identifying information. This is not the first time this has happened to me, although I generally get requests that act as normal, with the usual information available to the player.