Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Floating?

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
I've had this issue several times. I am porting to a life fountain, entering dungeons, or just moving to a different area, and I end up floating in space off to the side of or under my desired location and I cant find my way up to land. I can fix it by teleporting to somewhere else or changing realms, but if I am in a no realm change zone or in an area without a life fountain, this adds a lot of extra travel time on to my day. A few of my friends have also had this problem. Please fix it!

--

Petty Officer
Dec 16, 2010
I agree to. It's quite irritating and annoying. Once I port to a life fountain it sends me out in the middle of nowhere. I then have to wait the 45 seconds for me able to port again.

Lieutenant
Sep 29, 2010
Happens to me about 5 times a day, they said they fixed it but it STILL happens. This might be a tougher glitch to fix than they figured it would have been.

Ensign
Jun 27, 2012
OMG that happens so much, too much, by far. i get that once in every 3 times or so i teleport to skull island:..(

Ensign
Feb 16, 2010
Yeah this was one of the bugs that was supposed to be fixed, but there are still many of us out there that experience this during every gaming session. It really detracts from the fun and playability of the game.

Ensign
Jan 07, 2010
same here i also get black screen entering areas all i see is lights in the distance

Ensign
Nov 15, 2010
I've had this happen multiple times as well. It seems to be linked with how crowded a server is. I've never had it happen on one of the perfect servers.

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
bradrolos on Jan 7, 2013 wrote:
same here i also get black screen entering areas all i see is lights in the distance
Yes, when I end up stuck below a dungeon I am trying to get into... Super irritating. I can see the boss I need to fight :(

--Clever Miranda

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The same problem's been happening to me, as well! We all thought it was fixed a while ago! I try travelling through the Skyways, but I ended up warped OUT of them, stuck, without any help of getting out of it! Example given, Monquista's Tierra Primata Skyway. This REALLY bothers me to no end!! I wish this problem would be completely corrected so I won't have to worry about getting stuck out of the Skyways, or the lands!!!

Captain
Feb 27, 2009
Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
So I was on my Buceneer (I spelled that wrong) and I ported to Skull Island and when I ported I was floating in the middle of the air!

Lieutenant
May 06, 2012
That happened to my friend kind of funny

Quiet Zachary Armstrong

Petty Officer
Jan 10, 2013
Does the quest arrow say 11999+? If so, I can confirm this bug.

Community Leader
This is a bug, fairly well known, and experienced by just about everyone at some time.

I often end up in the air above land/skyways, i've been put below the land, inside of ships, etc.

Luckily usually a port to your last life fountain or your dorm/house usually sets it straight, and if not "Select Pirate" usually does.

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Feb 18, 2010
tyteen4a03 on Feb 15, 2013 wrote:
Does the quest arrow say 11999+? If so, I can confirm this bug.
Not did not get the bug again.

Ensign
Feb 13, 2009
It's been a while, and this problem still happens to me regularly. It seems to happen a lot near skull island, near the lower portion of it (the area with all the shops), and I often end up only a few virtual feet to the right or left of where I am supposed to, but my feet get stuck in the sand and I can't move. It's kind of irritating, but it's tolerable. It really kills me though when I am in the middle of nowhere and I have to teleport away, and then have to walk back. I can switch realms sometimes, and it gets me back to normal, but then in those "no realm change" areas there is nothing I can do. Does anyone know if KI is working on this issue?
--Clever Miranda