Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Energy Boosting Grizzly Gear Question?

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hello Jack, Bonnie Anne, Mr. Trelawny, Decius and Ratbeard!

I just had a question about a possible bug with some gear that comes from the Grizzly packs. When I am primarily in Pet Training mode (a lot these days), I equip Valkoor with the 4 Grizzly Pack items that yield +5, each, to pet energy. So if I go to refill the Energy potion using Crowns, I equip all of the +5 items to receive the extra 20 units of energy, 92 versus the standard, max level 72.

I have noticed, however, that if I leave this gear equipped-- the energy potion never fills past the 72 mark. Even when left on for 24-48 hours, when it clearly would have had enough time to reach the boosted 92 Energy mark.

If you have all 4, +5 Energy pieces of gear, shouldn't, when left idle, the energy bottle fill to the 92 mark that is allowed, upon equipping the gear? And not stop at 72?

Just wondering if this is a bug or not. I would think that if you spent the money and Crowns on the packs, and received the +5 gear, your pirate's Energy bottle should fill to the new 92 mark while you are logged off. If someone could respond as to whether this is a bug, oversight or working as intended-- I would greatly appreciate it because I really enjoy that +20 Energy that comes from equipping all 4 Grizzly gear items.

Thank you very much for any reply and insight.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I would just like to note that others on Central have posted this same issue with the Grizzly pet gear not filling the energy bottle to max while our pirates are idle. When I logged off from the game last night, my pirate's energy bottle was around 65-70 out of a possible 92. I had all 4 pieces of +5 Energy Grizzly gear equipped and when I logged in this morning, about 10 hours later, the Energy bottle was at the standard, max pirate level, 72 Energy- instead of gaining the extra +20 Energy that the gear allows.

Could anyone please confirm as to whether this is possibly a bug or perhaps just not working as intended? As always, thank you for any reply.

Lieutenant
Jun 16, 2012
I can confirm this also affects pirates not at the level cap. My lv15 buccaneer has +11 in gear (Paw of Braxus +5, Grizzly Torc +3, and Cat's Eye Ruby +3), that would change max energy from 47 to 58. I log in today to see 47 energy, I watch the timer for the next energy gain and it moved to 48. Then I zone into the next area and it drops back to 47.

I log in the next pirate. Lv16 musketeer logs in at 47/55 with +8 in gear (Claw of Ursus +4 and Kodiak Torc +4). I wait for a bit and it goes to 48 and 49 and then drops back to 47 on zoning.

Last pirate is a different twist on the story, lv27 privateer logs in at 53/60, has +8 in gear (Claw of Ursus +4 and Kodiac Torc +4) same gear as the musketeer but the math is wrong. I waited around and had the energy to 57 before I got bored and zoned to check, it drops back to 53 on zoning.

Really strange with the inconsistency, my first thought was maybe a different issue with one of the gear pieces but that didn't tally. Only obvious difference is the privateer is male, buccaneer and musketeer are female.

Developer
It's a bug, slated for a priority fix.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Just Another Pirat... on Sep 24, 2014 wrote:
I can confirm this also affects pirates not at the level cap. My lv15 buccaneer has +11 in gear (Paw of Braxus +5, Grizzly Torc +3, and Cat's Eye Ruby +3), that would change max energy from 47 to 58. I log in today to see 47 energy, I watch the timer for the next energy gain and it moved to 48. Then I zone into the next area and it drops back to 47.

I log in the next pirate. Lv16 musketeer logs in at 47/55 with +8 in gear (Claw of Ursus +4 and Kodiak Torc +4). I wait for a bit and it goes to 48 and 49 and then drops back to 47 on zoning.

Last pirate is a different twist on the story, lv27 privateer logs in at 53/60, has +8 in gear (Claw of Ursus +4 and Kodiac Torc +4) same gear as the musketeer but the math is wrong. I waited around and had the energy to 57 before I got bored and zoned to check, it drops back to 53 on zoning.

Really strange with the inconsistency, my first thought was maybe a different issue with one of the gear pieces but that didn't tally. Only obvious difference is the privateer is male, buccaneer and musketeer are female.

Thanks for the extra reports! I too have seen the gear not work properly on my lower level pirates. I have a couple of them equipped with Energy boosting gear from the packs and after being left idle (while gear still equipped), the Energy level never goes above the 'standard max' for their individual levels. My Swashbuckler was a level 6 before this morning and I equipped him with one of the +5 Energy pieces of gear (I believe the +5 Totem). When not equipped his max Energy was 42 and when equipped and full it was 47. But it never fills past the 42 mark while not playing him and with the gear still equipped.

It appears to be an issue with all or most of the different level Energy boosting gear from the packs. On central some have said they had the same problem with +3, +4 and +5 gear of all classes. So it doesn't seem to be relegated to one class of gear or certain 'level'.

Perhaps KI is looking into it and testing for themselves before they provide a response to the players. If it is a bug or legit problem, I am sure they will let us know at some point and work to remedy the issue.

***EDIT*** A Rat has spoken and now we must simply be patient! Awesome news, thank you for the info Ratbeard!