Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Doubloon Order - Help

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
I don't think my doubloon selection is working correctly. (Might be my error and I'm misunderstanding though)

Currently I have my doubloons arranged with my treasure bath and critical boost in slots 1 and 2, then I have them in descending order, starting with the level 70s first down to the level 1s (I know not the best order, but it proves my point) Now I'm a level 60, so I'm not sure if I can pull a doubloon over my level, but I have yet to see any doubloon over level 55 in battle, and even more I am seeing level 5s and 15s more than anything often when they are sitting clear back in slots 80+

In recent battles, (since the update) I have not gotten the treasure bath or my critical doubloon even once and I've done 2 full runs of Moo Manchu Tower with a team of 4, and I discard my doubloons almost every round. I'd really love to get other doubloons in battle than summon an allies from skull island (level 15) I keep seeing the same 15 doubloons over and over, I've never seen and agility or will doubloon, a few of the healing ones, and then magic resist(level 50 or 55) and increase strength keep showing(level 50 or 55)

Am I misunderstanding the ordering? (Slot 1 most like to pull, Slot 80 least likely?)

Is this my error or a glitch? Any help would be fantastic.

Thanks in advance.

~Clumsy Calamity

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Okay positive they aren't working right. Sending in a ticket.

Last night with a team of 4 on the nefarious tower, I discarded doubloons every single round and the lowest slot number that I got a doubloon from was slot #32. I only saw 21 different doubloons the entire time and I saw them an average of 4 - 5 times each during that tower run. I have over a 140 different doubloons. I should be seeing some other options and I should be seeing some for slots 1-20 preferably.

I encourage others to see if they are having the same issue.

~Clumsy Calamity

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
I will also take a deeper look into the Doubloons' appearance and nonappearance issue, Calamity.

I have already noticed that I almost never see any of my great Doubloons, which I have arranged by desire and preference as well. I have rarely ever seen any in my 1st 2 rows and almost always get lesser ones, that are placed towards the end of the roster, appear in battle. I will better document and send in a report as well. It is pretty frustrating at times to have the first 2, full pages of amazing doubloons, and almost never see them appear in battle, even with dumping and/or using other lesser doubloons ever round of every battle.

Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
Hi Ratbeard, can you provide some insight on this as to whether it is just pure bad luck or possibly an issue with the battle, doubloon selection system or process.

I went solo in the Tower, for educational purposes and because I knew I wouldn't have time to finish, and just about every battle, I was getting mostly mid level doubloons-- even though I took the time to sort the entire roster. Against the Nefarious 5 I had level 5, 15 and 45 doubloons pop up just about every round, when I have 2+ pages of Level 50 or higher Doubloons at my disposal. I almost never saw any on my 1st page and only once in about 20 battles did I see one from my top 2 rows.

Maybe since, we have so many Doubloons, it widens that 'random chance to appear' so much that, the hierarchy doesn't come into play hardly at all.

.....or would it be possible to implement the fixed roster that the companions can follow, but only for The Tower of Moo Manchu? That way before we go on we can adjust and at least have the amazing Doubloons, that we worked hard to acquire, actually show up in battle against all those Nefarious Foes. Or maybe a change could be made to where it could automatically be set to "First 2 pages Doubloon randomization"-- again only for the tower. Well, maybe that would provide too much of an advantage to us pirates.

I actually think that I may have been able to solo it (or at least through the Nefarious 5) in Live if my preferred Doubloons popped up.......ah, who am I kidding, those 5 had me eating dirt every time and Doubloons probably wouldn't have made any difference.

But could you at least look into the order randomization thing, and why so many times we never see our 1st page, rows 1 & 2, awesome doubloons appear, yet see plenty of Level 5 and 15 and lower levels show up-- even after sorting and resorting.

As always, thanks a lot for your time and efforts.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
My theory on this is that the randomization algorithm that chooses the doubloons isn't registering that they have been rearranged. Or for some reason isn't recognizing some of the doubloons. I believe it thinks they are still in the order that they are acquired and assigned into your doubloon page.

I've talked to a few people some people are only getting the doubloons they put on page one. And others of us are getting just a random smattering from everywhere. I have yet to see a single doubloon from my first page since the update.

Let me know what I can do to help.

~Clumsy Calamity

Commodore
May 31, 2009
I haven't done much testing on this, but I can say that I hardly ever get desirable doubloons showing up in combat. By that, I mean doubloons from my first and second rows practically never come up. I'll make a chart for my doubloons, and start paying more attention to which ones appear and how often.

Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2011
Just to add some additional info on this:

The other day I tried pulling some of my jujus and spell power doubloons to the front of my doubloons and to my great surprise it worked! For the rest of my tower runI saw my spell power doubloons, my jujus and all my rank 75-60 doubloons! I was so happy.

Then I logged out and then the next morning without touching my doubloons (still the jujus and spell powers are in the first spots)

I'm back to only getting the same ones as before. The level 55s, level 25s, and level 5s (clear back in slots 100+)

Until this issue is resolved I am going to take the advice of my fellow pirates and trade the doubloons, i don't currently want, however I wish I didn't have to do this so time consuming when you have 140+ types of doubloons.

~Clumsy Calamity