Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Doomtooth promotion quest

AuthorMessage
Gunner's Mate
May 28, 2013
Just fought Doomtooth with my new buccaneer to promote Kobe and gain the whetstone. Surprisingly, unlike other promotion quests, Kobe was not an automatic part of the companions chosen. This seems somewhat surprising, shouldn't he be there?

Administrator
Sam Underhill on Aug 16, 2014 wrote:
Just fought Doomtooth with my new buccaneer to promote Kobe and gain the whetstone. Surprisingly, unlike other promotion quests, Kobe was not an automatic part of the companions chosen. This seems somewhat surprising, shouldn't he be there?
Hello Sam! We've done some research, and this is working as designed. Because Doomtooth is an enemy out in the open and not behind an instanced sigil, the rules you might find for other promotion quests won't apply here.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Ensign
Feb 18, 2013
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 19, 2014 wrote:
Hello Sam! We've done some research, and this is working as designed. Because Doomtooth is an enemy out in the open and not behind an instanced sigil, the rules you might find for other promotion quests won't apply here.
Hey Jack! How are you? This is Eric Collins, lvl 65 Swashbuckler, just thought I'd say you are one of my favorite guys on Pirate101, I hope Pirate101 keeps getting better and better! :D