Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Deleting Powers on a Macontosh

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jul 31, 2012
My name is Dishonest Michael

Ok, I am seriously being honest with you, I promise!

I know that you have the ability to delete unwanted powers during combat by right clicking with it, but I don't have a mouse with right click on it!

So how do I right click on my mac?

Administrator
Hi! I still need to double check this, but I believe the method to discarding in Pirate101 is the same as it is in Wizard101. Here's the standard support response for discarding on a Mac:

"While we recommend the use of a two-button mouse (they are actually pretty cheap), there is a setting that you can adjust on your Mac computer to help with discarding your spell cards during a duel. Please follow these steps:

• Go to the Apple Icon at the upper left corner and choose “System Preferences” from the drop down menu.
• Select “Trackpad”
• Choose the “Point & Click” tab at the top
• Then check “Tap to click” and “Secondary click” (secondary click being a tap with two fingers)

This will enable the “Secondary click” feature, which should allow you to simulate a right-click by using two fingers on your Trackpad. There is an easy way to practice before you jump back in to the game. Simply choose an icon or file on the desktop. Select it once with a single tap, and then tap with two fingers to bring up the “right click” options.

Once you are comfortable with your “Secondary click” feature, launch Wizard101 and start a battle in-game. When the cards come up, select a spell card and then double-tap to dismiss the card. Viola!

If you have any further questions, please send an e-mail to Support@Wizard101.com."

I'll double check this and respond back here when I find out. In the meantime, give it a shot and let me know if that works for you.

Thanks!

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
Or you can do control+Left-click, I believe.

Administrator
Pirates in the Sky on Jan 1, 2014 wrote:
Or you can do control+Left-click, I believe.
Yes! Please try this as well. In addition, I've been told that holding the Command (or "Splat") key and clicking will also discard.

Thanks!

Ensign
Jul 31, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 2, 2014 wrote:
Yes! Please try this as well. In addition, I've been told that holding the Command (or "Splat") key and clicking will also discard.

Thanks!
But i don't have a trackpad, i have a regular mac mouse. (Which only has one click, left click.) I've tried the above methods but they still don't work, any other suggestions?

Sorry to bother you

Administrator
The Six Michaels on Jan 4, 2014 wrote:
But i don't have a trackpad, i have a regular mac mouse. (Which only has one click, left click.) I've tried the above methods but they still don't work, any other suggestions?

Sorry to bother you
After further review, it appears that you MUST have either a two-button mouse or a trackpad in order to discard powers in Pirate101.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Ensign
Jul 31, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Jan 7, 2014 wrote:
After further review, it appears that you MUST have either a two-button mouse or a trackpad in order to discard powers in Pirate101.

Sorry for the inconvenience.
Alright

One last question, will you guys make it so that pushing a specific button can delete a power?

Thanks

Bosun
Oct 15, 2010
The Six Michaels on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Alright

One last question, will you guys make it so that pushing a specific button can delete a power?

Thanks
I don't think they will, but after further research I think I figured out how you can right-click.

Go to "System Preferences" then click on the Mouse option at the top. You can configure different sides of the mouse to have different clicks. Make the right side "secondary click" then test to see if it works after you have applied the changes.

Good luck!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
The Six Michaels on Jan 11, 2014 wrote:
Alright

Thanks
That's a good idea, like maybe a little red X that they could click on.

Ensign
Jul 31, 2012
Pirates in the Sky on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:
I don't think they will, but after further research I think I figured out how you can right-click.

Go to "System Preferences" then click on the Mouse option at the top. You can configure different sides of the mouse to have different clicks. Make the right side "secondary click" then test to see if it works after you have applied the changes.

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I am able to delete powers now

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Pirates in the Sky on Jan 12, 2014 wrote:

Good luck!
Now that's a tip that's worth several Yars. If I could I would do it. Well done Sir Silver.