Deck battle sounds

AuthorMessage
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
I have noticed for that past week or so that when I am doing deck fights with Captain Pluton and Captain Spartacos that the sound is really messed up. Mostly all I hear is fire crackling and ship creaking sounds(our horns put a lot of fire traps on their ships) and if someone has Zeena, her fire adds to the sounds too. Once in a while I will hear an occasional impact groan or hit voice (like Gracie's Huuuahhh!) but only part of them. The sound starts then cuts off. Sometimes critical music will start but cuts off after a few seconds. It is not an issue with my computer as when I am with other players, they say they are hearing the same thing I do. Most say they don't play with the sound on so they hadn't noticed it until I asked them to check and they verified the same thing. This is true when I have only one helper and a full team of 4 fighters. The sounds of the broadside fights and all other areas are just fine. I have been noticing for, I think just over a week and I just kept forgetting to post it although I have been prompting other players to report too. Guess I need to practice what I preach a bit more.

Administrator
Thanks, Chrissy. What ship make and model are you using and what is it equipped with so we can test it out?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Dread Pirate
Jun 17, 2013
2699
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
I have noticed for that past week or so that when I am doing deck fights with Captain Pluton and Captain Spartacos that the sound is really messed up. Mostly all I hear is fire crackling and ship creaking sounds(our horns put a lot of fire traps on their ships) and if someone has Zeena, her fire adds to the sounds too. Once in a while I will hear an occasional impact groan or hit voice (like Gracie's Huuuahhh!) but only part of them. The sound starts then cuts off. Sometimes critical music will start but cuts off after a few seconds. It is not an issue with my computer as when I am with other players, they say they are hearing the same thing I do. Most say they don't play with the sound on so they hadn't noticed it until I asked them to check and they verified the same thing. This is true when I have only one helper and a full team of 4 fighters. The sounds of the broadside fights and all other areas are just fine. I have been noticing for, I think just over a week and I just kept forgetting to post it although I have been prompting other players to report too. Guess I need to practice what I preach a bit more.
I have noticed this recently too, Chrissy. Although mine has been occurring when I use The Big Guns power in land or boarding battles. It doesn't happen all the time, but it seems to happen more often when I use that power in my first move. I think I have noticed it in ship combat (boarding) too, without using The Big Guns power, but their is always fire(s) of some sort on the battle board when it happens. The same goes for me, all I can hear is a the loud roar of fires and the crackling sounds like you said. The most recent times I recall it happening are when I farmed Rooke, in the 1st battle and I believe I used The Big Guns power there as well. The other time I can specifically recall is when I was farming Talos and fighting the Colossus outside of Talos battle dungeon- when you have to defeat 8 Colossi after you first enter Talos. Again, I used The Big Guns in the 1st round of battle and for the remainder of the fight the fire sounds were pretty much all you could hear. It was almost as if a microphone was placed right next to bonfire and you could just barely make out some of the background noises.

I too need to better document it and report it when I notice it happen. I just get caught up in playing for a while and since it is so random and sporadic, I tend to forget about it.

Jack, I will try to see if I can replicate my experiences with the glitch/bug and better document it. Oh, and this reminds me...I also have been having some issues with power sorting and having them randomly switch. It always involves the power Highland Charge. I usually keep it at the end of my powers but often when I am farming lower level bosses, to save time and ensure getting across the board in the first turn, I put it at or near the front of my Power list. When I am done farming, I put Highland Charge back at the end of the Power List. Without knowing it always switches back to the spot of the power that I first repositioned Highland Charge to. I can move Highland Charge and the other pirate into various spots and it always end up randomly switching with that other power. The only way I can remedy it, is to switch it back to the last spot and then exit the game entirely. When I log back in, I no longer have the issue- that is until I go to switch it again. I know I could just do away with using it entirely but often it makes repetitive farming go by much quicker.

I can post a new topic with this issue/glitch, but I was just reminded of it as I was typing this reply to Chrissy's issue. Just let me know what other info you need from me or if I should start this under a new thread. Thank you so very much for any help with both issues.

Gunner's Mate
Jun 27, 2013
222
This also happened on the Wreck of Victory when the Armada Dragoons used their The Big Guns move.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Thanks, Chrissy. What ship make and model are you using and what is it equipped with so we can test it out?
Most of the time we land on my ship, the Aquilian galleon and the glitch is not always 100% there but it is the majority of the time. Since others hear it too it didn't occur to me that the ship could be the problem. My ship has:
Anchor: Ankyra Chryos
Armor: Immortal Armor
Cannon: Golden Ballista
Horn: Horn of Vesuvius, Horn of RA or Horn of the Mighty Kraken (Release the Kraken! in other ships) as I switch them depending on what others have but Vesuvius is the favorite.
Standard: Consular Standard
Rudder: Heroic Rudder
Sails: Wings of Auster or Wings of Hermes if more than one other is helping
Wheel: Wheel of Fate or it's Imperator's Wheel on my other pirate that I have observed this.

I like the idea of the ship being the culprit and one night when my partner and I were equally using each others ships and hearing the same thing he has an Aquilian galleon too.

Bosun
Aug 08, 2012
304
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Thanks, Chrissy. What ship make and model are you using and what is it equipped with so we can test it out?
Also happens with Scarlet the Hydra when she casts too many fires.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5765
Chrissy Th'Blesser on Mar 21, 2014 wrote:
I have noticed for that past week or so that when I am doing deck fights with Captain Pluton and Captain Spartacos that the sound is really messed up. Mostly all I hear is fire crackling and ship creaking sounds(our horns put a lot of fire traps on their ships) and if someone has Zeena, her fire adds to the sounds too. Once in a while I will hear an occasional impact groan or hit voice (like Gracie's Huuuahhh!) but only part of them. The sound starts then cuts off. Sometimes critical music will start but cuts off after a few seconds. It is not an issue with my computer as when I am with other players, they say they are hearing the same thing I do. Most say they don't play with the sound on so they hadn't noticed it until I asked them to check and they verified the same thing. This is true when I have only one helper and a full team of 4 fighters. The sounds of the broadside fights and all other areas are just fine. I have been noticing for, I think just over a week and I just kept forgetting to post it although I have been prompting other players to report too. Guess I need to practice what I preach a bit more.
Please tell me, where can I find capt. Spartacos? I've already fought Pluton a few times, and boy is he tough! Fighting Spartacos would me something NEW to do while I wait for the updates. You'll be saving my sanity, Chrissy Th'Blesser!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
5765
One-Eyed Jack on Mar 24, 2014 wrote:
Thanks, Chrissy. What ship make and model are you using and what is it equipped with so we can test it out?
have noticed the same thing in captain Swing's secret tunnel in marleybone, and yes on my ship also. Fire baddd!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
6079
anecorbie on Mar 25, 2014 wrote:
Please tell me, where can I find capt. Spartacos? I've already fought Pluton a few times, and boy is he tough! Fighting Spartacos would me something NEW to do while I wait for the updates. You'll be saving my sanity, Chrissy Th'Blesser!
Spartacos is in the Lastrygon end of the Skyway in a ship called The Gladiatrix. It is usually near the Sea Squid or along that cliff face in the South Western area of the Skyway. When you want to fight deck fights it won't take as long as you will not dealing with self healing bad guys.