Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Contessa

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Nov 05, 2012
Contessa is still broken, there are alot of times during combat where she won't attack even if I tell her to or when her talent comes up, not to mention she doesn't have ultra stats so having more epic talents available to her when we get her would be nice.

Community Leader
piratical505 on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Contessa is still broken, there are alot of times during combat where she won't attack even if I tell her to or when her talent comes up, not to mention she doesn't have ultra stats so having more epic talents available to her when we get her would be nice.
I have seen the game flash "Bladestorm" over her head, indicating it had been triggered, but no action from Contessa at all. I've actually nearly lost battles because of her lack of participation in battle, lol.

Definitely seems to need to be looked at!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Lieutenant
Aug 09, 2013
piratical505 on Jun 20, 2016 wrote:
Don't worry, it's not that she refuses to do what you command her. This issue is triggered when Contessa misses her attack. However, since there is currently no animation to go with it, it makes it seem like she didn't even try to attack at all- it's not that she resents listening to your commands . Hopefully they'll add the animation soon.

Anyways, now that that's been cleared up - on a smaller, more sider note, I've noticed that Contessa doesn't speak nor say anything at all when you click on her companion portrait on the companions page - nor will she say anything when ordering her to attack an enemy (you know, that usual "aye-aye captain" from your companions? Yeah, well, Contessa doesn't say any of that).

See you in the Spiral

Ensign
Aug 26, 2009
As far as I can tell its not that she has no action, she has no animation for missing attacks, meaning if the enemy blocks or doges there is no animation but it can still trigger repost. doesn't make it any less annoying though.

Bosun
Apr 09, 2014
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:
Don't worry, it's not that she refuses to do what you command her. This issue is triggered when Contessa misses her attack. However, since there is currently no animation to go with it, it makes it seem like she didn't even try to attack at all- it's not that she resents listening to your commands . Hopefully they'll add the animation soon.

Anyways, now that that's been cleared up - on a smaller, more sider note, I've noticed that Contessa doesn't speak nor say anything at all when you click on her companion portrait on the companions page - nor will she say anything when ordering her to attack an enemy (you know, that usual "aye-aye captain" from your companions? Yeah, well, Contessa doesn't say any of that).

See you in the Spiral
Yes, her miss animations were not playing properly for some attacks. We have made some changes and taught her how to miss with flair now. Look for the fix next update.

Gunner's Mate
Oct 22, 2011
No, she literally doesn't do anything after hitting, or defeating an enemy. I've watched. There are times when Bladestorm pops up over her head and she does nothing. No damage, no action, nothing. It's not a hit or miss thing, it's a non-functioning toon.

And, there are times when you try and send her to action and she doesn't go, or when you choose her critical card, or just want her to attack, she doesn't do it.

Granted, most of the time she does what she's supposed to do, but those few times when her actions are faulty, it can cost you a battle - let alone the frustration of a character that is broken.

Community Leader
Scurvy Anthony Wal... on Jun 21, 2016 wrote:

See you in the Spiral
Its still a bug!!! Looks like its been fixed though, we'll see!

Dr Zeppers (aka Silent Sam Stern)
Piratey parodies I like to make.
I be a crazy pirate for goodness sake!
Artist & Admin of Skull Island TV
Ensign
Jul 26, 2009
My issue with her is she only actually uses her Riposte 2 half of the time and it's cost me the battle once or twice now.