Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion Task Not Giving Loot

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 16, 2010
I have noticed something strange going on with my companion tasks in general. sometimes when I collect from a companion I don't actually receive any items, and my companions do not automatically restart their task as they should be since that is how i have them set up in my options. Sometimes I am losing out on gold, other times nautical, and even pet items. At first i thought i clicked too fast and the restart just didn't catch, so I started to slow down my collecting but that is when i noticed the missing loot. Whenever i click the collect button I always instantly check my chat box to double check the items I receive. every now and then the chat box doesn't show any new item even though the Collect button has disappeared from the companion. I wait a few seconds to see if the task will restart and whenever this loot goes missing the task does not restart.

There are a few times when i have been close to gold or nautical cap and that will stop the re-issue of orders but i always get my loot from that. which leads me to believe that my issue is not related to the cap on gold and nautical.

Almost all of my companions are on pet wrangling, but I have at least 2 on gold and 2 on nautical. So when I watch chat and I don't get both nautical or both gold it is obvious. It even happened again today - Egg Shen was out farming gold, and when I click collect, nothing showed up in chat and he didn't restart his order. It is very frustrating.

As far as my internet connection goes, I usually only lose connection during battle, and I don't recall ever losing connection when I was in the middle of collecting from my companions. So I don't believe it has to do with my connectivity either.

Is anyone else having this issue as well?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
HugsLadyBugs on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:
I have noticed something strange going on with my companion tasks in general. sometimes when I collect from a companion I don't actually receive any items, and my companions do not automatically restart their task as they should be since that is how i have them set up in my options. Sometimes I am losing out on gold, other times nautical, and even pet items. At first i thought i clicked too fast and the restart just didn't catch, so I started to slow down my collecting but that is when i noticed the missing loot. Whenever i click the collect button I always instantly check my chat box to double check the items I receive. every now and then the chat box doesn't show any new item even though the Collect button has disappeared from the companion. I wait a few seconds to see if the task will restart and whenever this loot goes missing the task does not restart.

There are a few times when i have been close to gold or nautical cap and that will stop the re-issue of orders but i always get my loot from that. which leads me to believe that my issue is not related to the cap on gold and nautical.

Almost all of my companions are on pet wrangling, but I have at least 2 on gold and 2 on nautical. So when I watch chat and I don't get both nautical or both gold it is obvious. It even happened again today - Egg Shen was out farming gold, and when I click collect, nothing showed up in chat and he didn't restart his order. It is very frustrating.

As far as my internet connection goes, I usually only lose connection during battle, and I don't recall ever losing connection when I was in the middle of collecting from my companions. So I don't believe it has to do with my connectivity either.

I haven't really been paying that close attention, just trusting that it was happening. I will try to slow down and look closer.

Commodore
Jan 22, 2013
I have a gift, it blocks me from seeing the top of the screen which tells you that you got it, that gift is the clockwork wings from the first round of the awards, I was to greedy and kept them, look up at the top where the notifications are, it will notify you there.

-jack nightgale lvl 65 buccaneer

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
HugsLadyBugs on Jun 20, 2014 wrote:

I notice that you say "almost all" your companions are on task for you. Could this be the problem, that task can't keep up with the demand and its not re-issuing orders? I've noticed problems with dungeons when I had all but two companions on task.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
This actually happened to me - my Black Angus companion on my Witchdoctor was supposed to have Gold for me, but when I clicked Collect, the program seemed to hang for a split second and... no gold amount appeared in the chat log. I always collect with the chat log open so that I can see the things that don't appear as notifications.

Because I had not recorded my gold balance before beginning, I can't say whether or not I didn't receive any gold, but I can say that the chat log did not display any gold returned from that task.

Gunner's Mate
May 13, 2009
Willowydream on Jun 22, 2014 wrote:
This actually happened to me - my Black Angus companion on my Witchdoctor was supposed to have Gold for me, but when I clicked Collect, the program seemed to hang for a split second and... no gold amount appeared in the chat log. I always collect with the chat log open so that I can see the things that don't appear as notifications.

Because I had not recorded my gold balance before beginning, I can't say whether or not I didn't receive any gold, but I can say that the chat log did not display any gold returned from that task.
You probably did not collect gold because you had 150,000 gold (About) or more. Your companion does not retask when you have about that amount of gold because of the chance of hitting a jackpot in which you would lose gold. That is just how it works.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
EMC99 on Jun 24, 2014 wrote:
You probably did not collect gold because you had 150,000 gold (About) or more. Your companion does not retask when you have about that amount of gold because of the chance of hitting a jackpot in which you would lose gold. That is just how it works.
Yeah good thinking but, NO - this character has been to the morphing tent trying for a hybrid, so she has about 17,000 gold - nowhere near the cap. If that had been the case, I know would have known the reason and not thought about it being a bug.

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
I haven't had any problems collecting from my Companions (level 60 or 65). My procedure is to collect from one Companion, wait for the Busy sign to appear on the icon, and then click collect on the next Companion.

Ensign
Feb 03, 2009
I am having the same problem when I tried the nautical xp, I didnt receive an xp at all and i have been doing it for awhile so I am missing out on a lot of experience.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Jacob Hawkins on Jun 25, 2014 wrote:
I am having the same problem when I tried the nautical xp, I didnt receive an xp at all and i have been doing it for awhile so I am missing out on a lot of experience.
Hi CJeffery, welcome to the message boards. Thanks for reporting this. I am sure the great bug exterminators at KingsIsle will soon get to the bottom of this.