Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Companion from the Presidio

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 05, 2013
I am a buccaneer and I got a dog pirate Lucky Jack Russell from the Presidio quest. Other buccaneers I've talked to said they got a crab named Jethro. Was it a mistake that I got the dog instead?
Silver Fiona

Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
Which Presidio companion you get is based on how you chose that your parents died when you were building your pirate.
If you chose Mutiny you get Dead Mike-Undead Pirate
If you chose Shipwrecked you get Jack Russell-Dog Pirate
If you chose Armada you get Gaspard de Vole-Guinea Pig Guard
If you chose Storm you get Milo Greytail-Rat Brigand
If you chose Squid you get Birgus Latro-Crab Thug

So you must have chosen that your parents died in a shipwreck.

Petty Officer
Oct 29, 2012
It isnt a mistake. At the beginning of the game when you chose how your parents died and some of your background the game from this decides what companions you will get. Some companions go to everybody, others are decided by your class, but some like your presidio companion are decided by your back story. This is how even if you have two pirates of the same class you can have different companions.

Ensign
Nov 11, 2008
BlackAlura on Jun 17, 2014 wrote:
I am a buccaneer and I got a dog pirate Lucky Jack Russell from the Presidio quest. Other buccaneers I've talked to said they got a crab named Jethro. Was it a mistake that I got the dog instead?
Silver Fiona
Nope, it wasn't a mistake. You get your Presidio companion based on how you chose you were orphaned.
I'm guessing you picked Shipwrecked, and your friends with the crab picked Sky Squid.
Both are great companions!

Ensign
Feb 05, 2013
Ok thank you so much for explaining! Everyone I asked said it was decided by class not by how your parents died thanks!