Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Collecting rewards bugs

AuthorMessage
Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
Sorry for not reporting this bug sooner, I had assumed it would go away after re-downloading the game. I had an infestation of bugs since the new launch but getting the game again squished a lot of them. However, one bug is still nestled in both my game and my friends game. It has made its home in my companions page and needs some extra strength bug spray.

The bug is whenever my friend and I send our companions out to get stuff it does not tell us what they return with. For example I will send half my pirates out to sail the skies, and the other half to get me gold. When they come back it just says to collect, and the picture happens with them celebrating but it does not show how much gold or experience they got for me. I tested it with gear for my pet and pirate, and at least the results are listed in the notifications drop down menu. If they are also suppose to be listed on the picture of the companion who completed the task then no that also doesn't happen. My friend has stated it's exactly the same for her as well. She will send all of her companions out to get gold but it doesn't tell her how much gold she gained. The only way either of us know for sure is to write down our amount before we start collecting and then compare the new numbers to the old ones.

Please send some bug spray or a swatter so we can get rid of these pests. ^_^ Thank you.

Dread Pirate
May 27, 2009
Gold, companion experience and nautical experience don't have notifications. They appear in the chat box log. If you open your chat box before collecting, you'll be able to see what they are coming back with.

Hope that helps!

Commodore
Apr 28, 2012
Of course you have to press the Collect button to get what they got. That's when you can see the notification in the Chat Window.

Petty Officer
Jan 31, 2013
Oh, I didn't know that. I had assumed that because in the update notes it showed a picture of the reward being collected. My friend saw that too, so we both thought "Well if they show the picture of it and what the reward is then it must be a bug if it's not showing up in the game"

Plus with all the weird stuff that was happening that forced me to re-download the game I honestly thought it was bugged. I had stuff being collected twice, my character ghosting through walls, enemies loading totally invisible, and worst of all updating my companions not only totally crashed my game but twice reset them (yet I didn't lose the free reset, weird). Oh yeah and sometimes turns would skip causing death of my companions, but I kind of leaned more towards lag than bug. Thankfully they all went away once all the game downloads finished, except for the companion collecting thing. I'll let my friend know that it's not a bug and that we just have to open that silly chat box that we never use. Hehe.

Perhaps the staff should remove that picture in their update notes to get rid of any confusion. I certainly was and if I was maybe others would be too.