Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Charmed, I'm sure (Bug on the Nefarious 5 battle)

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Dec 31, 2012
Hi folks. So, something odd happened during that Nefarious 5 fight in the Tower of Moo. I'll start by using Jack's form.
  • Level of your character: 65
  • Location where the bug occurred: Nefarious 5 boss battle, Tower of Moo Manchu
  • Quest Name: N/A
  • Companion Name: N/A
  • Description of bug:

We were in a party of four pirates, but this just involved two of us. One of them was me (Gilda), another was someone whose name I can't remember. Let's call him Dash.

So the lot of us get to this floor, Moo Manchu monologues, drink pirate, blah, blah, blah, and the battle starts. Dash goes right for the potion (such a flip-flop!) and gets turned into an enemy.

At some point, I get hit by Insensitive Faye Jenning's Charming Gaze. Very soon after that, I'm knocked out. Some turns later, Dash happens to use a healing spell on me! Unfortunately, after I'm revived, the usual time limit on the Charmed status was gone. I was permanently charmed.

It didn't end there. Things had long gone from bad to worse, and eventually, it got to the point where everyone was defeated (Even Dash!). However, the battle didn't end. It kept going. It was a long loop of the surviving Charmed Gilda and a few of the surviving Nefarious Five just running around, pausing briefly to show the overhead map, and then running around in circles again. I eventually just fled the battle after waiting for half a dozen rounds like this.
  • How often does this bug seem to happen: Once so far.
  • Were you playing solo? No.
  • If you were in a group or playing with others, how many? 3 others, making 4 of us total.
  • Were you the only one to experience this issue? Yes, as far as I'm aware.
  • Can you reproduce this bug? Probably, but given what happened, it'll probably take a lot of luck.

And there you have it. Let me know if you folks have any questions. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Fair Winds and Following Skies,
~Aeolian Dust~