Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Broadside Combat Glitch

AuthorMessage
Captain
May 16, 2011
So, right now as this is report is being posted, Emma teleported to me while I was doing broadside combat, and her ship was stuck in the middle of the screen. It was really odd and I want to know if it can be fixed.

Administrator
Sounds strange, can you provide any additional information?

Level of your character:
Location where the bug occurred (which area and ship were you and your friend using):
Quest Name (if applicable):
How often does this bug seem to happen? (Once/Sometimes/Often/Every time)
Were you the only one to experience this issue?
Can you reproduce this bug?

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Commodore
Feb 29, 2012
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:

Level of your character:
Location where the bug occurred (which area and ship were you and your friend using):
We were in Achaea Skyway, defeating Ophidian ships. It happened when I ported to him from my Sharpshooter's Citadel. -shrugs- Just thought I'd pop in.

Ciao!

Ensign
May 07, 2013
I saw this happen to me today with another player. A third player joined and his ship was covering the action. Most annoying to me and the other person, who have text chat. The third person didn't. At least, it doesn't seem to interfere with the planning phase, thank goodness.

Captain
May 16, 2011
One-Eyed Jack on Aug 2, 2013 wrote:

Level of your character:
Hmmmm, let's see if I can shine some light on that.

I was level 60 at the time I believe.
It pretty sure it happened in between Illios and Laestrygon.
I believe I was on the quest Wings In The Waiting where you have to fight the Harpies, then collect Thymari, and then fight Ophidian ships for lotus.
This is the first time it's happened to me.
Emma did say she saw it too, so I wasn't the only one.
I don't know. We can try.....

Administrator
Thunder Hawk on Aug 4, 2013 wrote:
Hmmmm, let's see if I can shine some light on that.

I was level 60 at the time I believe.
It pretty sure it happened in between Illios and Laestrygon.
I believe I was on the quest Wings In The Waiting where you have to fight the Harpies, then collect Thymari, and then fight Ophidian ships for lotus.
This is the first time it's happened to me.
Emma did say she saw it too, so I wasn't the only one.
I don't know. We can try.....
Thanks! Let me know if you do find a way to make it happen again and again.

*One-Eyed Jack, Your Pirate101 Community Manager*
Pirate Overlord
Mar 10, 2009
It has happened to me three or four times since the game has started. It is always when I port to someone having a deck top fight. Another thing I have noticed is that when the fight is over and I am standing on my friends ship, we can all see my ship sailing just behind us all alone as if it is steering itself. I do have pictures of this phenomenon in my albums on Central. The albums called "The Twilight Zone Of The Pirate's Spiral" . The added links are all shots of this happening.