Baron Samedi's Masque

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Feb 03, 2010
48
The talent called 'Soul Harvest', given by the accessory Baron Samedi's Masque, doesn't work. I defeated some armada guys in Valencia, and when it didn't work I assumed that the developers meant for that, what with the armada being 'heartless, soulless, and ruthless'. I went and defeated some actually ALIVE enemies 'the hydra heads', and it STILL didn't work! It was a rare drop, and I was very excited to get it, but it doesn't work.

Petty Officer
Jun 22, 2014
83
Soul harvest only works with staffy weapons/combo weapons that have staffy and powers used by witch doctors. Also, it sometimes doesn't activate (you can see when it will activate if the soul harvest power name appears in white at the bottom of your list of epic talents when in combat). I am not sure how often it activates ( I'm pretty sure it is increased if you have a higher rank soul harvest, but I think the Baron Samedi's Masque is the only item in the game that gives soul harvest so far). I hope this information helps

Lieutenant
Oct 12, 2012
149
Cody Lighthunter on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
The talent called 'Soul Harvest', given by the accessory Baron Samedi's Masque, doesn't work. I defeated some armada guys in Valencia, and when it didn't work I assumed that the developers meant for that, what with the armada being 'heartless, soulless, and ruthless'. I went and defeated some actually ALIVE enemies 'the hydra heads', and it STILL didn't work! It was a rare drop, and I was very excited to get it, but it doesn't work.
The talent is not "active" all the time, scroll over your character and you will see that it will sometimes say soul harvest where your buffs are displayed on your character.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9102
Cody Lighthunter on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
The talent called 'Soul Harvest', given by the accessory Baron Samedi's Masque, doesn't work. I defeated some armada guys in Valencia, and when it didn't work I assumed that the developers meant for that, what with the armada being 'heartless, soulless, and ruthless'. I went and defeated some actually ALIVE enemies 'the hydra heads', and it STILL didn't work! It was a rare drop, and I was very excited to get it, but it doesn't work.
1. Are you a witchdoctor?
2. If not a witchdoctor, are you equipped with a staff or combo which includes a staff?
3. Did you defeat the enemy with a spell?

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
Pirate Master on Sep 20, 2015 wrote:
Soul harvest only works with staffy weapons/combo weapons that have staffy and powers used by witch doctors. Also, it sometimes doesn't activate (you can see when it will activate if the soul harvest power name appears in white at the bottom of your list of epic talents when in combat). I am not sure how often it activates ( I'm pretty sure it is increased if you have a higher rank soul harvest, but I think the Baron Samedi's Masque is the only item in the game that gives soul harvest so far). I hope this information helps
Baron Samedi's Standard (Hoodoo bundle) also grants Soul Harvest...

However simply equipping the standard doesnt display Soul Harvest in epic list.

I'm wondering if standard must be deployed to benefit from the grant?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
9102
Silver Angel on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
Baron Samedi's Standard (Hoodoo bundle) also grants Soul Harvest...

However simply equipping the standard doesnt display Soul Harvest in epic list.

I'm wondering if standard must be deployed to benefit from the grant?
Standard must be deployed in enemy territory to gain Soul Harvest for the undead companions on the board, and they have to be near it also.

Bosun
Dec 16, 2012
331
Silver Angel on Sep 21, 2015 wrote:
Baron Samedi's Standard (Hoodoo bundle) also grants Soul Harvest...

However simply equipping the standard doesnt display Soul Harvest in epic list.

I'm wondering if standard must be deployed to benefit from the grant?
Thats only for undead companions, and only if it is on the enemy side of the board. The player never gets it.

First Mate
Dec 29, 2012
404
Below are some previous comments from Ratbeard on the subject:

"It should activate only with Staffy or Spooky attacks."

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/baron-samedis-masque-not-working-8ad6a416486411a901487c7ca5481d3d/8ad6a414486411a001487f260d69676d?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a414486411a001487f260d69676d

"I have a BOLO (Be On the Look Out!) bug for the mask working only intermittently. We can't get it to fail consistently enough to track down the bug..."

https://www.pirate101.com/forum/the-bilge-pump/baron-samedis-masque-not-working-8ad6a416486411a901487c7ca5481d3d/8ad6a4154882c938014889b82abc2406?fromSearchResult=true#8ad6a4154882c938014889b82abc2406

You might want to provide KI Support additional information about the situation/fight to help resolve if those conditions bug the talent.

Bosun
Apr 28, 2014
382
Oh thanks for clarification guys. Soul Harvest for undead companions, that's certainly interesting... but enemy territory, bleh... never gonna happen :/

I found it odd when I was equipping both Masque and Standard, I actually did 2 Soul Harvest's in a row, I thought chance was increased, guess it was just coincidence...