Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

An interest exploit with Hurl Knife

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Aug 17, 2012
While playing on my Buccaneer, I was lucky enough to score a landing hit with the "Hurl Knife" ability at range. To my surprise, this activated the Buccaneer's Blade Storm ability.

I almost didn't want to report this if only because it humored me that Hurl Knife acted like normal attack. Still, I assume the ability was never intended to do this. Ultimately, the impending update to Blade Storm made me decide to stay honorable and turn this in for reasons related to balance. I wouldn't want to have an advantage, now would I?

Anyway, I tested this on Batacuda in Skull Island Skyway after discovering it in MooShu. I found that if your score a kill on an enemy at any range, it fulfills the requirements to activate Blade Storm. I hope that you'll find this exploit easy to replicate and can fix it before (or with) the update to Blade Storm.

Thanks for your time!

Captain
Dec 01, 2012
Seadog Swampy on Aug 27, 2014 wrote:
While playing on my Buccaneer, I was lucky enough to score a landing hit with the "Hurl Knife" ability at range. To my surprise, this activated the Buccaneer's Blade Storm ability.

I almost didn't want to report this if only because it humored me that Hurl Knife acted like normal attack. Still, I assume the ability was never intended to do this. Ultimately, the impending update to Blade Storm made me decide to stay honorable and turn this in for reasons related to balance. I wouldn't want to have an advantage, now would I?

Anyway, I tested this on Batacuda in Skull Island Skyway after discovering it in MooShu. I found that if your score a kill on an enemy at any range, it fulfills the requirements to activate Blade Storm. I hope that you'll find this exploit easy to replicate and can fix it before (or with) the update to Blade Storm.

Thanks for your time!
Yeah,I have hurl knife on my witchdoctor,and it deals non-magical damage.So,I was surprised to see it activate Mojo Echo,but it works for me!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012

Thanks for your time!
My Buc has the Axe of the Minotaur Lords, hurl knife always activates the Follow Through talent. If this is a bug it should be addressed, although I like it and taken advantage with it in battle.

Ensign
Aug 17, 2012
After messing around with the ability some more, I found out that it interacts with ranged talents like Quick Draw and Return Fire.

Gunner's Mate
Feb 22, 2011

Thanks for your time!
Hmm... well, in the new update from test, all epic hits allow a follow through or your attack repeat epic, whatever it is. Maybe Hurl Knife now does it too? Handy, but not really- us privateers don't get a second attack

Ensign
Aug 17, 2012
darkdoombro345 on Aug 29, 2014 wrote:
Hmm... well, in the new update from test, all epic hits allow a follow through or your attack repeat epic, whatever it is. Maybe Hurl Knife now does it too? Handy, but not really- us privateers don't get a second attack
I'm inclined to believe this has been in the game since release because I found the exploit on the live server.