Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"A Pirate Most Fowl" Bugs

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy there!

Listen, I've encountered a few notable bugs during Ratbeard's 2nd promotion quest, "A Pirate Most Fowl", & I figure I may as well bring this up to your attention.

Now, here they are(& a few suggestions I've placed in this post, too)...

1) I don't know of any potions mentioned in the dialogue, but I think the dialogue line during Ratbeard's conversation in Any Tavern Cellar should be changed to "The Frog who bought these Poison Drops and sold them to me was the only one who coulda' done it. Not one other had the chance.", to better suit Flinch's forced deed of switching Knockout Drops with Poison Drops.

2) During our conversation with Flinch in the Hope and Anchor Tavern in Skull Island's Port Regal, Flinch's voiceover line said in his dialogue, "It was Fowl. Captain Fowl! He knew if word got out that you'd poison your crew, there wasn't a garbage scow in Skull Island that' have you.", but the text in his line incorrectly said "It was Fowl. Captain Fowl! He knew if word got out you'd poison your crew, there wasn't a garbage scow in Skull Island that' have you.".

3) Once we arrived at the Reston Warehouse's entrance in Port Regal, the cutscene camera angle doesn't focus on one of the chosen Kraken Skulls 5 companions with their dialogue lines differed, depending on their choice of the player classes, E.G., Emmett(FYI, I'm only calling him by his name, not by his current tier name status, E.G. Lieutenant Emmett), "I say, Captain, I think this warehouse is occupied.", & it also doesn't focus on Ratbeard as he said, "Fowl! At last - let's go get 'im!", (plus, one suggestion, add dialogue to Lorch before going into combat with him in that quest).

4) In Port Regal Storm Drains(entry name interface incorrectly states "Port Regal Sewers", BTW), as we reach our destination after defeating Lorch to find Captain Fowl, the companions don't appear during our conversation with them & hearing their dialogue lines, Bonnie Anne, "Looks like a whole army's come and gone through here, Cap'n, but they're long gone.", Ratbeard, "Blast! Confound it all! He's slipped away again.", one of the chosen Presidio 5, E.G., Lucky Jack Russell, "Don't give up the ship just yet! Is there anyone else who can help us?", & Ratbeard again, "Aye... there be someone, though I'm even a fool to even think about it. Catbeard!", & the cutscene camera angles don't focus on them, respectively.

Extra suggestion, add dialogue to the Aztecosaur Blood Lord, & a new name change to differ that boss during that promo quest from the others that have the same name, before going into combat with him in Scurvy Dog Hideout's Temple of Death's Ancient Shrine.

List getting too long. Need to split this up. Apologies. To be continued...

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ok. Now, I can continue with the list.

5) During our conversation with Victor Florio in Puerto Mico, the cutscene camera doesn't focus on him during his line, "Catbeard, did you say? Ah! I have just the thing - here, take these Bouquets to him. I'll put them on his tab.", & on Ratbeard during his line, "Now to Flotsam. We need to talk to One-Eyed Jack - he'll have Catbeard's Herring.". Ratbeard also doesn't appear, & the camera doesn't focus on him during that conversation, too.

6) During our conversation with One-Eyed Jack in the Black Spot Tavern in Flotsam, the camera doesn't focus on Ratbeard during his line, "There, counfound him! We've got 'is precious fishies. Let's get 'em back to His Lordship an' be done with 'im!". He also doesn't appear in that conversation, too.

And, there. That's the list! Hope you can see to them soon.

Thanks!