Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

Which buck companion

AuthorMessage
Ensign
Jan 06, 2013
So I was wondering if I should stick with Peter quint Kobe and ratbeard, so far I am up to mobquista so y'all should know the companions I have

Or should I change it , let me know

Sincerely
Dark Adam level 17 buck
Blaze level 39 witch doctor

Ensign
Jun 23, 2020
adam6001 on Feb 20, 2021 wrote:
So I was wondering if I should stick with Peter quint Kobe and ratbeard, so far I am up to mobquista so y'all should know the companions I have

Or should I change it , let me know

Sincerely
Dark Adam level 17 buck
Blaze level 39 witch doctor
Until you get to around Mid Cool Ranch you generally don't have to worry too much about what Companions you use, although I would personally switch Ratbeard out for Bonne Anne.

Ensign
Jan 06, 2013
Yo I am up to Captain blood now , which ones should I use now?

Ensign
Dec 26, 2011
adam6001 on Feb 24, 2021 wrote:
Yo I am up to Captain blood now , which ones should I use now?
Ok i maxed out my buccaneer solo it was my first pirate i am now working onca privateer. Now let me answer that for ya

Cool ranch and you have el toro if i remember correctly. I was using toro for the rest of the game once i got him for his accuracy buff and his promo gives him dodge to add to the buff. I built him for riposte relent and bladestorm(focus the riposte and relent before u touch bladestorm) in fact, max the riposte and relent before u even get blade 1 it will build the chain and chain is the buccaneer style of combat in solo questing in my experience

My companion group for cool ranch to now:
Quint-Toro-Barnabus(in that order)
This is effective since quint has a strength buff which affects all buccaneer companions(barnabus in this case) also i use barnabus because i built him for vengeance strike+bladestorm so his crits are insane when done especially if it is from a vengeance strike. Toro is my second mate(as i call it) since he has that accuracy buff for barnabus to attack his opponents. We need this for barney because he has vengeance strike so i dont focus dodgy as much on him instead i just keep throwing accuracy on him and actually i limit his dodgy to activate his vengeance strikes.(i dont know what level dodgy he has but at my max level pirate i think its only dodgy 3, could be lower could be higher) i would not touch dodgy that much on guys with vengeance strike though because it doesnt trigger if they block. Back to toro- he later promotes to get dodgy added to his buff so thats even more reason to limit barnabus dodge. Also my quint is build for max relentless+bladestorm+vengeance strike so he goes supersane on his hits. You can go:

Toro-Quint-Barney so toro can accuracy buff quint but i just do the toro and quint buffs first round so it aint really matter for me here

This setup is a melee chain style setup it helped me finish cool ranch-end solo(obv kane u wont be able to solo without special items like dubloons and henchmen)
You will encounter enemies who have vengeance strike, first strike, repel boarders, etc. and this is probably the weakness to the strat as we are full melee. I do not mean rank 1 of those powers btw. If you have a companion die you can always wake em up the health deal is not too much. I do recommend still protecting companions as much as you would your irl pets. That means take some hits for them because if we die im battle the companions are still fighting under our control so we can still win. Pirate death is easy fix with a life fountain.
If an enemy has repel boarders, the counter is to let them come to us. That is what i did and i survived. Looking at you posted this mid february, you might be out of cool ranch and already in mooshu. Mooshu is basically melee counter central so beware.
If you so need to, replace barney with a musketeer or anyone that can shoot from a range(i do bonnie for her dodge debuff)
How i build talents on my trio?

Quint(vengeance2,bladestorm3,relentless3 at max)-tough and rough max first, accuracy max second, dodgy 1, strength, whenever it lets me upgrade tough,accuracy,rough more i take the chance(do not pass dodgy 3 because of vengeance strike)

Toro(riposte3,relent3,blade1)- first tough and rough maxed, dodgy and accuracy simultaneously until they max startng with dodgy, agility then same drill with quint when able to upgrade further

Barnabus(vegeance3,bladestorm2or3)-do exactly the same as quint

And BAM you have my build

Good luck fellow bucc

Reckless Jeremy Kirk 70