Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Very True, So They Do" needs to be way longer

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy there!

Going through the Wreck of the Pequod's instance quest, "Very True, So They Do" has been fun, yet, I only realized one thing... it's too short... and had very little-to-no plot, too. I mean, only one chamber that holds one boss? It's way too short to me.

Here's this, that instance quest needs to be extended & improved greatly to include much more plot & adventure, including adding in new enemies, new bosses, & new instance chambers. I was thinking that reaching Nick Deadeye should not be that too easy as it shouldn't be, for we would have to fight our way through many of the packs of rats, including his tough rats, in order to get to him, & the Pequod's wreck should have a new trap door that leads to a passage, leading the Pirate into a complex, unique cavern hideout that many of the rats reside, including the notorious Rat Pack gang themselves.

Plus, this is where the plot twist comes in for that quest... throughout that adventure, we would also have to face a dire consequence from the past, that is to say, angry Monquistan noble warriors & Monquisition spies that have been lurking through Tradewinds Skyway ever since we aided the Opposition in their chance to topple the corrupt Monquistan Crown, ordered by King Fernando and Queen Isadore to have the Pirate responsible for it die for defying their deathly decree back in Book 3 & aiding the Opposition, awaiting the moment where that Pirate would arrive & strike, & try to find and shred the signed treaty we gave to Captain Avery, as we did, and take the whole of Skull Island itself by force & unroyal conquest.

That would also heavily reflect on One-Eyed Jack's warning about their angry King and Queen wanting the Pirate dead after they were paid one million bananas, after Donkey Hotay's last wish turned wrong, to turn their civil war in their favor, as quoted by him, "Scrimshaw's in Monquistan skies, so their fleets will be gunning for you.", meaning that they heavily lurk through that Skyway in their ships, seeking out the Pirate that brought the King & Queen a lot of scandal & shame on them, for getting in & out of that wreck should have to be a real challenge, between facing numerous crime-ridden rats & ill-tempered royal monkeys set on trying to kill the Pirate. Can't forget about that, can we? As we have seen before in Book 13, past actions have numerous, severe, worse consequences that will flare up greatly.

So, those are my thoughts on how that instance quest should be extended & improved. I really hope you could do so sometime soon.

Thanks once again for listening!

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Aug 22, 2015 wrote:
Ahoy there!

Going through the Wreck of the Pequod's instance quest, "Very True, So They Do" has been fun, yet, I only realized one thing... it's too short... and had very little-to-no plot, too. I mean, only one chamber that holds one boss? It's way too short to me.

Here's this, that instance quest needs to be extended & improved greatly to include much more plot & adventure, including adding in new enemies, new bosses, & new instance chambers. I was thinking that reaching Nick Deadeye should not be that too easy as it shouldn't be, for we would have to fight our way through many of the packs of rats, including his tough rats, in order to get to him, & the Pequod's wreck should have a new trap door that leads to a passage, leading the Pirate into a complex, unique cavern hideout that many of the rats reside, including the notorious Rat Pack gang themselves.

Plus, this is where the plot twist comes in for that quest... throughout that adventure, we would also have to face a dire consequence from the past, that is to say, angry Monquistan noble warriors & Monquisition spies that have been lurking through Tradewinds Skyway ever since we aided the Opposition in their chance to topple the corrupt Monquistan Crown, ordered by King Fernando and Queen Isadore to have the Pirate responsible for it die for defying their deathly decree back in Book 3 & aiding the Opposition, awaiting the moment where that Pirate would arrive & strike, & try to find and shred the signed treaty we gave to Captain Avery, as we did, and take the whole of Skull Island itself by force & unroyal conquest.

That would also heavily reflect on One-Eyed Jack's warning about their angry King and Queen wanting the Pirate dead after they were paid one million bananas, after Donkey Hotay's last wish turned wrong, to turn their civil war in their favor, as quoted by him, "Scrimshaw's in Monquistan skies, so their fleets will be gunning for you.", meaning that they heavily lurk through that Skyway in their ships, seeking out the Pirate that brought the King & Queen a lot of scandal & shame on them, for getting in & out of that wreck should have to be a real challenge, between facing numerous crime-ridden rats & ill-tempered royal monkeys set on trying to kill the Pirate. Can't forget about that, can we? As we have seen before in Book 13, past actions have numerous, severe, worse consequences that will flare up greatly.

So, those are my thoughts on how that instance quest should be extended & improved. I really hope you could do so sometime soon.

Thanks once again for listening!
No it doesn't its fine as it is, you forget the nasty, long, nearly unending quests we ended up doing for the Scurvy Dogs - it was great when it began moving faster. And THEN we had to shoot down 10 Port Regal Ships and 10 Armada ships. Arrrgh, enough already!

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Aug 23, 2015 wrote:
No it doesn't its fine as it is, you forget the nasty, long, nearly unending quests we ended up doing for the Scurvy Dogs - it was great when it began moving faster. And THEN we had to shoot down 10 Port Regal Ships and 10 Armada ships. Arrrgh, enough already!
Ok, ok. My thought about extending that instance quest may be way lengthy, & while the previous changes to the available quest goals in Book 8's quests may have helped ease many that were frustrated about taking so long to finish, I have to say that, from my experiences with previous instance quests that had either little &/or no plot to their storylines before they got extended, I feel that going through very short stories don't really feel it flows within the storyline itself. In my perspective, it's better to have a full story &/or expanded story instance quest than to have a little or no story instance quest at all.

Plus, my idea of a plot point in that quest would have the Monquisition's spies barging in and trying to kill the Pirates responsible for aiding the Opposition, defying their King & Queen's deathly decree, & attempt to find & tear up the signed treaty for Monquista to trade with Skull Island by force as a consequence of these actions would flow better with that part of Book 8's storyline, & to live up to One-Eyed Jack's warning about the Monquistans' ships in Tradewinds Skyway gunning for us.

We did see the consequences of forging a war between Marleybone and Valencia's Clockwork Armada, so why not have the consequences of our actions done in Book 3 appear there?

Commodore
Sep 20, 2009
Trimond297 on Oct 2, 2015 wrote:
Ok, ok. My thought about extending that instance quest may be way lengthy, & while the previous changes to the available quest goals in Book 8's quests may have helped ease many that were frustrated about taking so long to finish, I have to say that, from my experiences with previous instance quests that had either little &/or no plot to their storylines before they got extended, I feel that going through very short stories don't really feel it flows within the storyline itself. In my perspective, it's better to have a full story &/or expanded story instance quest than to have a little or no story instance quest at all.

Plus, my idea of a plot point in that quest would have the Monquisition's spies barging in and trying to kill the Pirates responsible for aiding the Opposition, defying their King & Queen's deathly decree, & attempt to find & tear up the signed treaty for Monquista to trade with Skull Island by force as a consequence of these actions would flow better with that part of Book 8's storyline, & to live up to One-Eyed Jack's warning about the Monquistans' ships in Tradewinds Skyway gunning for us.

We did see the consequences of forging a war between Marleybone and Valencia's Clockwork Armada, so why not have the consequences of our actions done in Book 3 appear there?
The Monquisition, if based properly on the Spanish Inquisition, would not have followed orders from the King and Queen of Monquista. The Monquisition would follow only the head of the Monquistan church. Just as the real Inquistions (there were more than just the Spanish Inquisition) followed the orders of the Catholic Church which, at those times at least, was not bound by any earthly monarchs.

In many real cases, and possibly with Monquista as well, the Catholic Church conspired to replace non-cooperative monarchs, through rather suspect means.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
CdeWinter on Oct 3, 2015 wrote:
The Monquisition, if based properly on the Spanish Inquisition, would not have followed orders from the King and Queen of Monquista. The Monquisition would follow only the head of the Monquistan church. Just as the real Inquistions (there were more than just the Spanish Inquisition) followed the orders of the Catholic Church which, at those times at least, was not bound by any earthly monarchs.

In many real cases, and possibly with Monquista as well, the Catholic Church conspired to replace non-cooperative monarchs, through rather suspect means.
Well... aside from some valid points you've brought, & I do respect them, I was just suggesting that there should be new Monquistan enemies added to extend the instance quest & add a new plot element there to reflect on One-Eyed Jack's warning about them, as I recall from memory. So far, in the present, that warning he gave out doesn't impact the storyline... yet.

Just like any hatred enemy to the hero, or heroes, would do, the King and Queen of Monquista will do everything in their power to have the Pirates responsible for aiding the Opposition back in Book 3 dead, you know, even if it means showing them the consequences of their resistance against their deadliest decrees by any means necessary. Actions do have impacts to others.

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
Trimond297 on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
Well... aside from some valid points you've brought, & I do respect them, I was just suggesting that there should be new Monquistan enemies added to extend the instance quest & add a new plot element there to reflect on One-Eyed Jack's warning about them, as I recall from memory. So far, in the present, that warning he gave out doesn't impact the storyline... yet.

Just like any hatred enemy to the hero, or heroes, would do, the King and Queen of Monquista will do everything in their power to have the Pirates responsible for aiding the Opposition back in Book 3 dead, you know, even if it means showing them the consequences of their resistance against their deadliest decrees by any means necessary. Actions do have impacts to others.
And yet the former King and Queen of Monquista have been deposed and we know nothing of their fate. Also, remember that at that time they were dealing with a rebellion in their backyard ( so to speak ) perhaps they were a bit distracted by that to send orders to capture or punish a pirate?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Oct 9, 2015 wrote:
And yet the former King and Queen of Monquista have been deposed and we know nothing of their fate. Also, remember that at that time they were dealing with a rebellion in their backyard ( so to speak ) perhaps they were a bit distracted by that to send orders to capture or punish a pirate?
They weren't distracted, to say the least. They were after them because the Pirates were their primary targets because they were the ones that defied their decree & stirred up the Opposition's rising after freeing them in Zenda at that time, if I may recall.

The former King and Queen were highly enraged about this, that they had to focus their attention to one goal, take down the central chess piece, or primary chess pieces, in lieu of bringing the chess piece & chess game wordplay used in many war games & war stories, so I hear, of all this to end their civil war quickly, knowing that once they fall at their hands only, the Opposition falls, & the civil war would end with their victory, like trying to fight a war on two fronts, E.G., the Opposition & the Pirates responsible for that, & using all at their disposal to end it, no matter what the cost.

So, in short, at that time, the former King & Queen really wants to take down the Opposition & the Pirates that started it all at once, & if they're down, the war ends in their victory, and they will use everything in their power to gain their victory.

As to their fate in question post-Gortez's victory(SPOILERS!), I may not know what their fate is, though, I'm guessing they're sent away, in exile, angrily bickering & blaming each other about their failures. It's my guess.

Ensign
Dec 16, 2011
They are probably working in the mines of Oryx

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
The Western Djinni on Nov 14, 2015 wrote:
They are probably working in the mines of Oryx
The Obsidian Mines of Orryx, to be accurate.

Still, wherever they went once Gortez won his war, I'm sure it's slightly worse than that, given that they committed more worse atrocities, besides those they have tried to do to us in Monquista.

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
The Obsidian Mines of Orryx, to be accurate.

Still, wherever they went once Gortez won his war, I'm sure it's slightly worse than that, given that they committed more worse atrocities, besides those they have tried to do to us in Monquista.
I have heard about the obsidian mines of oryx what are they?

Pirate Overlord
Mar 16, 2012
witchdoctor daruis on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
I have heard about the obsidian mines of oryx what are they?
It's mentioned that one of the Puerto Mican Governors was sentenced to serve there. We don't know where it is ( yet. )

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
anecorbie on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
It's mentioned that one of the Puerto Mican Governors was sentenced to serve there. We don't know where it is ( yet. )
I searched it up in Google and it comes up with trimonds post

I thought it might be a wizard thing because I don't play that game but thx for trying

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
anecorbie on Jan 7, 2016 wrote:
You mean Governor Medina, who told us that their previous Governor, the unnamed Ortega, whose Chalice that we found from Waponi Wu that we were supposed to give him to, was taken away & "sealed in a dark pit"? I'm sure I remember his name.

I don't even know where Orryx is now. Maybe one day we may see it, whether we like it or not. One day.