Forum discussions are now taking place on Discord. For all account questions and concerns, please continue to contact Customer Support directly.

Keep updated on Pirate101 on Twitter @Pirate101, Facebook, Discord, and @KI_Alerts!

"Treasure Hunt" maintenance & polish thoughts

AuthorMessage
Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Ahoy! I've some thoughts on doing maintenance & polish work on that quest. Here they are.

1. After going into Ratbeard's Hideout, the cutscene camera should focus on Ratbeard while he says his line, "You again! You may be quick in the chase, but ye be too late!". After that, there's no sound effect of Ratbeard jumping out the window while that animation was done. The Presidio 5 should also appear & the camera should also focus on the Presidio 5 while saying their lines, E.G, Birgus Latro, "Ratbeard jumped out of the window! How are we supposed to find the treasure now?", & the camera should focus on the table with the Burning Paper while Bonnie Anne says her line, "Look! Tha' paper on the table's still burning. Looks important!".

2. After recovering the Burned Paper, the Kraken Skulls 5 should appear & the camera should focus on the Kraken Skulls 5 as they say their lines, E.G, Barnabus, "What's this... It's the Will! Ratbeard tried to burn it! But there's one page left. What does it say?", & Bonnie Anne should appear & the camera should focus on her while saying her line, "The rest is ashes. Ratbeard's got a shortcut, then. We'd best hurry to Gunn's refuge, double quick!".

3. Bonnie Anne should appear while she's reading the 1st Tombstone's inscription, "Here lies Old Ben Harkinson: the Pirate's life he found was fun. Quick to fight and slow to run - one cannon blast, and he was done.", & the camera should focus on her while reading it.

4. The MooShu 5 should appear while reading the 2nd Tombstone's inscription, "Pity poor Lieutenant Mark: he went to dinner with a Shark.", & the camera should focus on them while reading it.

5. The Kraken Skulls 5 should appear while reading the 3rd Tombstone's inscription, "Here lies our own Wesley Moore, buried on this distant shore. Bravely he went off to war, but won't come back: no Wes, no more.", & the camera should focus on them while reading it.

6. The Presidio 5 should appear while reading the 4th Tombstone's inscription, "Pity dear departed Jed: a great big rock fell on his head.", & the camera should focus on them while reading it.

7. While in Gunn's Refuge, the camera should focus on the Old Tome while the Kraken Skulls 5 are saying their lines, E.G, Barnabus, "What's that Book there? Looks important.".

8. After searching the Cask, the Kraken Skulls 5 should appear & the camera should focus on them while saying their lines, E.G, Barnabus, "Here - there's a Note inside the Cask. Read it.".

9. After searching Ned's Grave, the MooShu 5 should appear & the camera should focus on them while saying their lines, E.G, Kobe Yojimbo, "That box in the grave soil - I will not touch it. Ah, it holds another Note. Read it, and our quest will continue.".

10. After landing on Bounty Island's dock, the camera should focus on Squinty as he says his line, "You there! Intruder! Stand to, and prepare to make account of yourself!".

Those are the thoughts on doing that quest's maintenance. Hope it gets done soon. Thanks!

Admiral
Jun 02, 2013
Trimond297 on Mar 3, 2016 wrote:
Ahoy! I've some thoughts on doing maintenance & polish work on that quest. Here they are.

1. After going into Ratbeard's Hideout, the cutscene camera should focus on Ratbeard while he says his line, "You again! You may be quick in the chase, but ye be too late!". After that, there's no sound effect of Ratbeard jumping out the window while that animation was done. The Presidio 5 should also appear & the camera should also focus on the Presidio 5 while saying their lines, E.G, Birgus Latro, "Ratbeard jumped out of the window! How are we supposed to find the treasure now?", & the camera should focus on the table with the Burning Paper while Bonnie Anne says her line, "Look! Tha' paper on the table's still burning. Looks important!".

2. After recovering the Burned Paper, the Kraken Skulls 5 should appear & the camera should focus on the Kraken Skulls 5 as they say their lines, E.G, Barnabus, "What's this... It's the Will! Ratbeard tried to burn it! But there's one page left. What does it say?", & Bonnie Anne should appear & the camera should focus on her while saying her line, "The rest is ashes. Ratbeard's got a shortcut, then. We'd best hurry to Gunn's refuge, double quick!".

3. Bonnie Anne should appear while she's reading the 1st Tombstone's inscription, "Here lies Old Ben Harkinson: the Pirate's life he found was fun. Quick to fight and slow to run - one cannon blast, and he was done.", & the camera should focus on her while reading it.

4. The MooShu 5 should appear while reading the 2nd Tombstone's inscription, "Pity poor Lieutenant Mark: he went to dinner with a Shark.", & the camera should focus on them while reading it.

5. The Kraken Skulls 5 should appear while reading the 3rd Tombstone's inscription, "Here lies our own Wesley Moore, buried on this distant shore. Bravely he went off to war, but won't come back: no Wes, no more.", & the camera should focus on them while reading it.

6. The Presidio 5 should appear while reading the 4th Tombstone's inscription, "Pity dear departed Jed: a great big rock fell on his head.", & the camera should focus on them while reading it.

7. While in Gunn's Refuge, the camera should focus on the Old Tome while the Kraken Skulls 5 are saying their lines, E.G, Barnabus, "What's that Book there? Looks important.".

8. After searching the Cask, the Kraken Skulls 5 should appear & the camera should focus on them while saying their lines, E.G, Barnabus, "Here - there's a Note inside the Cask. Read it.".

9. After searching Ned's Grave, the MooShu 5 should appear & the camera should focus on them while saying their lines, E.G, Kobe Yojimbo, "That box in the grave soil - I will not touch it. Ah, it holds another Note. Read it, and our quest will continue.".

10. After landing on Bounty Island's dock, the camera should focus on Squinty as he says his line, "You there! Intruder! Stand to, and prepare to make account of yourself!".

Those are the thoughts on doing that quest's maintenance. Hope it gets done soon. Thanks!
I agree with all of them except number 10 which should remain the same because you get to see the island when you dock

Also for 7 I think it already does focus on the tome

Gunner's Mate
Sep 07, 2014
I noticed you have made a LOT of posts about changes to the current game.

Why would you want that instead of EXPANSION of the game?

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
Krigleblort on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
I noticed you have made a LOT of posts about changes to the current game.

Why would you want that instead of EXPANSION of the game?
If we see another expansion to P101, I should at least have something for some of KI's devs to do while we wait. Little maintenance & polish here & there, you know. Just something to improve some tiny corners no one noticed.

Dread Pirate
Jun 13, 2011
witchdoctor daruis on Mar 4, 2016 wrote:
I agree with all of them except number 10 which should remain the same because you get to see the island when you dock

Also for 7 I think it already does focus on the tome
We do see the island. It's the lone inhabitant, Squinty that has been around searching for Gunn's Gold for 10 years, so that should be necessary to have the camera on him.

I've been through it time & time again, & only still see that the camera doesn't focus on the tome. True.